The Director of Christian Formation is a full time, exempt position that serves as an essential part of the Pastorate staff and Leadership Team. The primary focus for the Director of Christian formation is to invite all members of the Pastorate community to know and share the mission and vision of the Pastorate. In spiritual and practical ways, especially through evangelization and education, the Director of Christian Formation guides members of all ages to a deeper relationship with Christ and a greater share in the life of Church, especially Her service to the poor, the marginalized and the outsider.
The Director of Christian Formation is tasked with directing and forming paid and volunteer staff to create the opportunity for the integrated, life-long faith formation of all members of the Pastorate. To do this, the Director of Christian Formation:
- Plans and executes formation classes for Grades K - 5 and oversees the Youth Minister who does the same for Grades 6-12;
- Plans and executes remote and proximate preparation for
- Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Marriage'
- the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
- Continuing Adult Faith Formation
The Director of Christian Formation creates and conducts programs of ongoing follow-up with families, parishioners, and recent recipients of the Sacraments. The Director of Christian Formation Reaching also serves as the point person to locate and serve to families and individuals who have missed sacraments or have special formation needs.
In collaboration with the Pastor, the Leadership Team, and the staff, the Director of Christian Formation ensures that all faith formation efforts are fully integrated into the Pastorate community and into the lives of its members.
- Must be a confirmed and practicing Catholic able to participate fully in the Sacramental life of the Church and the communal life of the Pastorate
- Must have a passion for the Catholic faith, and the ability to accompany people of all ages and their families in developing and maintaining a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be available to work a non-traditional, flexible schedule
- Must have a bachelor's degree, preferably in theology, religious studies, pastoral ministry, or a related field and/or 5 or more years of experience in developing and providing faith formation or religious education in a parish setting.
- Proficiency in Social Media, Microsoft Office, Google Suite applications as well as virtual platforms (e.g., Zoom).