The mission of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, the archdiocese is seeking an Office Manager for the Catholic Schools Office. The Office Manager will provide administrative support to the Secretary for Catholic Schools by ensuring administrative and procedural oversight and support for the Catholic Schools Office (CSO). The Office Manager is responsible for the efficiency and organization of the Catholic Schools Office as it relates to the leadership of the Secretary. The Office Manager will act as the go-to person for all meeting arrangements associated with the Secretary, supply orders for the staff, and travel and department organization. The incumbent will be responsible for all administrative and office operations matters and will keep the calendar for the senior leadership of the department.
The Office Manager will be the primary contact for the archdiocese Events Office and any inquiries for logistics and planning for CSO meetings and events, will be directed the Office Manager. The Office Manager will be the contact for the respective invoices and billing, as well as events logistics and catering for CSO professional development and departmental events. As an integral program of service to the archdiocese, the Don Bosco Cristo Rey program will be supervised and managed by the Office Manager.
The office manager will act as the secretary to the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington Board of Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Secretary for Catholic Schools including calendar management, meeting planning, correspondence, report, and presentation coordination. As member of leadership team, responsible for meeting minutes and liaison for secretary with leadership team members, on various reporting, projects, and correspondence.
• Oversight of correspondence to ADW senior leadership, including compilation, proofing and editing. Assist with marketing team for compilation of department publications.
• Monitor and management of Secretary email and correspondence.
• Point of contact for external and internal senior leaders, regarding meetings, correspondence, and compilation of reports and presentations.
• Organize all scheduled meetings for the leadership team, in particular with secretary as lead.
• Manage supply acquisition, furniture requests and IT needs for team members and ensure volume of supplies for common work areas, such copy room.
• Point of contact for support offices related to facilities and IT.
• Act as point person and/or lead coordinator for all major events for the department. Team lead and member of Sunshine Committee.
• Coordinate travel arrangements and logistics for leadership attendance at continuing education events. Closed out billing and expense reporting for same travel.
• Team with administrative assistant and/or Funding and Enrollment to monitor and process invoicing and billing for the department.
• Monitoring of business credit card held by Secretary, reporting and reconciliation of expenses. Point of contact for use of credit card.
• Serve as CSO Archivist for major CSO meetings and events
• Team with Funding and Enrollment coordinator to provide enrollment reporting and school snapshots for senior leadership school visits. Provide narrative and/or additional report elements, generated by the secretary to update the the senior leadership
• Supervise workflow of administrative assistants in Catholic Schools Office
• Act as lead for all administrative projects for the department.
• Back-up to triage calls, email and correspondence to the Catholic Schools Office and escalate as needed.
• Primary manager of Don Bosco Cristo Rey (DBCR) Corporate Work Study Program in the CSO, as related to oversight, supervision, and productivity of four (4) students from DBCR. CSO liaison for the DBCR Corporate Work Study program manager, regarding billing, student assignments, and administrative details for CSO intern program.
• Responsible for planning, logistics, materials compilation, and meeting manager for 8-9 monthly board meetings, as secretary to The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington Board of Education. Responsible for composition and distribution of meeting agenda and minutes, as well as communication with board members, as appropriate. Also, assists with subcommittee reporting and correspondence from the board to senior leadership of the ADW.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understanding and knowledge of the organization and teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Exceptional communication skills, across all levels of organization and with stakeholders, both internal and external, in particular, using solid judgement to manage time and priorities of the Secretary for Catholic Schools.
• Highly organized with excellent follow-up skills. Able to exercise prudent judgement and confidentiality related to various concerns and handling of correspondence.
• Able to confidently handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
• Excellent client service skills
• Able to manage and differentiate supervision for various levels of administrative support
• Ability to train and develop new skills in computer applications
• Moderate proficiency (with strong ability to learn) Microsoft Office 365 Office Suite, Cognito, Google, and other administrative function applications.
• Experience in handling confidential matters and information.
• Ability for limited physical labor- lifting/carrying light boxes, navigating stairs to work location, moving meeting materials, etc.,
Required Education and Experience
• At least five years' experience providing administrative support to senior leadership.
• Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office 365 products
• Excellent writing, editing, proofing and research skills
• Basic bookkeeping and expense reporting
• Creative and resourceful, as necessary for project completion and innovation