Digital Marketing Coordinator
The Digital Marketing Coordinator position will be responsible for helping the marketing team develop and disseminate digital collateral to help generate interest and involvement in practicing charity to the poor by helping children break free from a life of poverty.
Summary of Responsibilities: We're a small team that has a big heart for the poor. Ultimately, we want to share with as many people as possible stories of the amazing international charitable programs of the Sisters of Mary. In this role, you will learn about our processes and help to make them better. You will be directly appealing to donors and potential donors through your marketing content and design. You will serve as a point person for website updates, email blasts, and social media planning. At the same time, you'll assist in general marketing and strategy planning. Google Analytics, AdGrants, WordPress, Divi, MailChimp, Hootsuite, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, marketing automation - we hope that all of these words mean something to you.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Lanham, MD (some flexible remote days possible after the initial employment period)
About SOM/WVC: Founded by the Venerable Fr. Al Schwartz, World Villages for Children is the fundraising arm of the international poverty relief work of the Sisters of Mary. The charitable and educational programs of the Sisters nurture the whole child - academically, physically, vocationally, and spiritually. The results are transformative for graduates of the Sisters' programs who go on to college or vocational careers and often help bring their entire families out of the cycle of poverty. The Sisters of Mary work at 18 sites in 6 countries serving over 20,000 children annually.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
• Post and edit website content
• Direct content for social media channels, maintain a social media calendar
• Track and report website and social media metrics and suggest ways to improve
• Increase digital revenue by 20% year over year
• Cultivate inspiring content for use in marketing collateral
• Gather and organize videos and photographs for use in marketing collateral
• Execute email marketing strategies and campaigns
• Track and report results and outcomes
• Design digital and print content as needed
• Assist with office administration and other tasks as needed (be a team player)
• Bachelor's in communications, public relations, marketing, or a similar field and/or equivalent experience
• Ideal candidate is a self-starter and must enjoy working as part of a small team
• Proficient in Office 365 suite of products
• Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva experience highly desired.
• Previous work within a nonprofit office desirable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
• 2+ years' experience with creating, managing, and strategizing marketing campaigns
• Experience with managing social media presence
• Experience with email marketing, scheduling tools, and copywriting
• Experience with website tracking tools such as Google Analytics
• Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is a plus
• Professional communication skills
• Organizational and effective time management skills
• Execution of marketing strategies
• Persuasive and creative written communications
Agency-wide Values (for all WVC Staff): These are rooted in the mission and guiding principles of WVC and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Humble and joyful service to the Lord and our neighbor
• Solidarity with the poor
• Respect for human dignity
• Passion, perseverance, and adaptability
Pay and Benefits:
• Salary: $47,000 - $55,000
• Paid-Time Off
• Health Insurance including dental and vision
• 403(b) matching
**Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. World Villages for Children carries out the commitment of the Sisters of Mary to practice charity for the poor and vulnerable overseas. This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]