Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program is seeking a full time Geometry Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
Come join a diverse and talented faculty and staff at Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program!
Don Bosco Cristo Rey delivers an affordable, accessible, career-focused college preparatory education in the Catholic tradition to students with limited resources. Every student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program where he/she gains professional work experience and earns money to pay for a significant portion of their own education. In the tradition of the Salesians of Don Bosco, our pillars are faith, family, future, and fun. Our students are motivated and incredibly kind, making Don Bosco Cristo Rey a truly refreshing place to work.
Be a part of our movement. Make a real difference in your community. Join our team.
- Strong subject-matter knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, plan, create and execute informative and engaging lesson plans for the subject area
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate classroom instruction to accommodate various learners
- Experience with classroom instruction
- Teaching certification from DC, MD, VA preferred, but will be required within three years of hire
- Bachelor's degree in subject area or related
- Commitment to social justice
- Commitment to working with high school students
- Experience and sensitivity to working in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of the Catholic faith, beliefs and practices, along with an understanding of, and commitment to, the educational mission of the Archdiocese of Washington, the Salesians of Don Bosco, and the vision of the Cristo Rey Network.