Parish Administrative Assistant
The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, St. Elizabeth's Church in Rockville seeks a full-time Parish Administrative Assistant to provide parish office clerical support and manage parish communications.
• Provides receptionist services for the parish office including answering routine questions
• Manages telephone calls and conveys clear and accurate messages.
• Coordinate parish communications, technology and office supplies.
• Maintains office calendar.
• Provides secretarial and clerical services to the Pastor and Parish Staff.
• Process Mass card requests.
• Prepares regular and bulk mailing.
• Screens and distributes mail and other related material.
• Maintains records for the parish office (e.g. parish database, mailing list, events calendar, sacramental registers, parish files, etc.).
• Prepare weekly bulletin and upload to vendor.
• Prepare weekly pulpit announcements.
• Maintain parish website, including updating parish calendar and uploading and monitoring articles, photos, and podcasts, in conjunction with an off-site web consultant.
• Establish and maintain parish social media presence (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
• Create graphic designs for digital communications and bulletin content.
• Prepare and distribute communications regarding upcoming parish events (e.g., local advertising, emails, events, flyers).
• Reports directly to the pastor, who may assign related duties.
• Maintain compliance with archdiocesan and parish policies and procedures.
• BA or equivalent
• Committed Christian who is faithful to Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimal guidance and manage multiple priorities.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Canva, and Adobe Acrobat.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $23.00 to $25.50 per hour depending on credentials and experience. Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]