Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program is seeking a full time Instructional Coach
ABOUT DON BOSCO CRISTO REY:
Come join a diverse and talented faculty and staff at Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program!
Don Bosco Cristo Rey delivers an affordable, accessible, career-focused college preparatory education in the Catholic tradition to students with limited resources. Every student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program where he/she gains professional work experience and earns money to pay for a significant portion of their own education. In the tradition of the Salesians of Don Bosco, our pillars are faith, family, future, and fun. Our students are motivated and incredibly kind, making Don Bosco Cristo Rey a truly refreshing place to work.
Be a part of our movement. Make a real difference in your community. Join our team.
The Instructional Coach serves as part of the Academic Leadership Team and is responsible for supporting the implementation of evidence-based practices into classrooms by working with and supporting teachers and administration. This person directly supports the school-wide goal of increasing student academic growth and achievement through building teacher capacity and boosting student engagement. He or she works as a colleague with classroom teachers to support student learning. The Instructional Coach may also provide individual and group professional development that will expand and refine the understanding about research-based effective instruction at the high school level.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with the Academic Leadership team to develop and implement a Coaching Cycle for assigned teachers, which will include:
* Observing in classrooms and having follow-up feedback conversations in on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, a cadence determined by the principal based on needs of each individual teacher
* Analyzing teacher's needs through individual meetings and developing personal growth plans
* Modeling instructional strategies in the classroom through model lessons or co-teaching
* Participating in Learning Walks to collect classroom data on progress towards school-wide Academic Vision
Assisting with the analysis of student data and developing responsive instructional plans. Specific examples include:
* preparing reports on student and teacher performance for the Principal, Title 1, and other constituents as requested
* regularly reviewing school-wide balanced assessment plan and determining effectiveness of its classroom implementation (namely in ongoing formative assessment practices)
Support teachers in all aspects of their role, including:
* reviewing lesson/unit/annual plans, and building and revising assessments
* co-planning and co-teaching specific lessons
* providing feedback and supporting teachers in reflective practices
* providing resource materials, instructional tools, information etc. to support classroom instruction
* helping teachers learn to use data-both formative and summative-to improve and drive instruction
* working with academic leadership team to facilitate the Looking at Student Work protocol and lesson study in grade level team and content teams
* serving on the leadership team to ensure consistency across classrooms and programs.
* Other duties as assigned
* Master's degree in an educational field with certification in secondary teaching or administration
* A minimum of three years of professional experience working with low-income, first-generation students preferred
* Ability to support teachers with best Classroom Practices
* Commitment to social justice and working with high school students
* Demonstrates a positive attitude
* Strong communication skills
* Collaborative leadership style
* Sensitivity to working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
* Knowledge of the Catholic faith, beliefs, and practices
* Understanding and commitment to the educational mission of the Archdiocese of Washington, the Salesians of Don Bosco, and the vision of the Cristo Rey Network
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references to Kevin Somok at [email protected]
Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School
1010 Larch Ave.
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Phone: (301) 891-4750 x13