Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program is seeking a full-time Alumni Outreach Coordinator for immediate hire.
About Don Bosco Cristo Rey
Come join a diverse and talented faculty and staff at Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program!
Don Bosco Cristo Rey delivers an affordable, accessible, career-focused college preparatory education in the Catholic tradition to students with limited resources. Every student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program where he/she gains professional work experience and earns money to pay for a significant portion of their own education. In the tradition of the Salesians of Don Bosco, our pillars are faith, family, future, and fun. Our students are motivated and incredibly kind, making Don Bosco Cristo Rey a truly refreshing place to work.
Be a part of our movement. Make a real difference in your community. Join our team.
The role of the Alumni Outreach Coordinator will be to develop and implement alumni outreach and engagement activities and provides support to all Don Bosco Cristo Rey Alumni.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support alumni with achieving academic success and completing their college degree
* Assist on where to find resources at the universities (e.g., writing/tutoring center, counseling services, etc.)
* Assist with the financial aid and scholarship process
* Assist with finding opportunities for campus engagement (e.g., campus life, club, activities, sports, etc.)
* Research reputable resources to assist with housing, Childcare, Employment, Mental Health Services, Spiritual counseling Services, Transportation, Dorm Needs, Professional Wear, and language barriers as needed for DBCR alumni
* Track alumni data on postsecondary education and career advancement (e.g., updated contact information, graduation, ongoing education, employment, etc.)
* Collect college decision letters, scholarship decision letters, employment offer letters, financial aid award letters, etc.
* Assist alumni with the college transfer process when needed (i.e., community college to four-year)
* Build relationships with key advocates on college campuses to support students
* Organize and lead local campus visits to support alumni
* Help to maintain a positive relationship between the Alumni and the school
* In collaboration with the Director of College Counseling, develop and recommend an annual budget for the alumni program
* Research trends in enrollment, completion, & financial aid at schools where alumni attend and work with the CRN Network office to attain alumni data (to compare) to report to college success counseling team; have ongoing collaboration with the college counselors
* Conduct an annual evaluation of the DBCR alumni program
* Prepare reports on the alumni progress for the Director, Principal, ADW and the Cristo Rey Network
* Lead alumni networking events (e.g., senior send off, alumni panel, homecoming activities for alumni, etc.)
* Operates alumni SM accounts (e.g., social media platforms for communication, etc.); stays in constant contact with alumni to increase engagement, accountability, and success
* Create and send monthly e-newsletters (E.g., updates, resources, events, and DBCR opportunities)
* Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications and experience
* Bachelor's degree
* A minimum of two years of professional experience working with low income, first generation students preferred
* A deep understanding of the barriers to college success for low income, first generation students.
* Demonstrates positive social and spiritual mentorship of students
* Commitment to social justice and working with high school students
* Demonstrate a positive attitude
* Good communication skills
* Fluency in Spanish is preferred, but not required
* Sensitivity to working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
* Knowledge of the Catholic faith, beliefs and practices
* Understanding and commitment to the educational mission of the Archdiocese of Washington, the Salesians of Don Bosco, and the vision of the Cristo Rey Network
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references.
Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School
Attn: Ms. Andrea Leonard, Director of College Counseling & Alumni Advising
E-mail: [email protected]
1010 Larch Ave.
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Phone: (301) 891-4750 x137
Visit www.dbcr.org for school information