Are you looking for a job with meaning focused on one of the most fascinating parts of the world? We are looking for a Director of Development who can lead our fundraising efforts to support Bethlehem University in the Holy Land. Our financial support subsidizes tuition, supports outstanding faculty, and enhances the quality of education for students seeking degrees in a broad range of subjects, including nursing, education, business, and software engineering. Getting a college degree can change the lives of these students and their families!
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leads, manages, and supervises the daily operations of the Development Office.
2. Along with the Executive Director, pursues major gifts. Develops and carries out plans, activities, and solicitation strategies for annual giving, including the online and recurring gift program, development of the calendar of activities, program budget, and yearly revenue/expenditure projections.
3. Ensures gifts are acknowledged within a week, and that there is recognition of donors.
4. Develops and maintains productive and respectful relationships with clergy/religious, staff, board members, donors, volunteers, and friends of the Bethlehem University Foundation.
5. Coordinates draft and approval process for all appeals; monitors results for all appeals; creates and tracks fundraising and donor participation goals (new donor, repeat donor, etc.), and, working with the Controller, provides detailed expense and revenue reports for each appeal. Serves as the primary point of contact for related vendors.
6. Leads and manages Bethlehem University Foundation's Annual Fund and other appeals. Builds and maintains a portfolio of at least 50 Annual Fund donors with whom regular contact is maintained.
7. Sets fundraising goals, works with the Executive Director to set the appeal mailing schedule, and implements processes to meet goals. Responsible for the drafting, review, and timely production and distribution of fundraising materials.
8. Plans and implements the Foundation's Annual Awards Reception, Patrons Reception, and other events as deemed necessary.
9. In collaboration with the Executive Director, recruit additional staff members, as authorized, to include a Digital Fundraising Officer and a Grant Acquisition Specialist.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills and Knowledge:
-A self-starter with initiative and follow through even when no one is overseeing her/his work; seeks opportunities for collaboration and cooperation across the Bethlehem University Foundation office.
-Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communications skills, both written and verbal.
-Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills, including the ability to manage multiple demands and/or projects simultaneously.
-Proven leader, skilled manager, and supervisor.
-Able to apply sound judgment, maintain the confidentiality of proprietary data, and conduct oneself with integrity and focus.
-Flexibility to attend and staff evening and weekend events as required.
-Sense of humor and comfort level in working in a fast-paced environment.
-Ability to work in person in the Washington, DC metro area.
-Minimum five years prior direct experience in fundraising.
-Experience with Customer Relationship Management software.
-Medical, dental, and 401(3)b plan with 6.5% salary match from the Foundation
-Paid time off
-11 paid holidays per year
-Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.