Archdiocesan Associate Director, Parish Faith Formation
Archdiocese of New Orleans
The Archdiocese of New Orleans Department of Catholic Education and Faith Formation is seeking an Associate Director of Parish Faith Formation, who will be responsible for serving, supporting, and guiding parish DREs/PCLs, Adult Faith Formation Leaders, and RCIA (Christian Initiation) Coordinators throughout the archdiocese. This position necessitates that one be a committed disciple of Jesus Christ, who is knowledgeable and passionate about the Church's mission of evangelizing catechesis. This individual should have a strong background and experience with the following: family faith formation; adult faith formation; year-round process for Christian initiation; faith formation for individuals with special needs; skills training and ongoing formation for catechetical leaders; and ministry with multi-cultural parishes.
This position reports to the Deputy Director of Faith Formation and collaborates with the Associate Director of School Faith Formation (as well as with all members of the departmental team) to support the unified mission and ministry of forming lifelong disciples who witness God's love with joy in all of our parish and school communities.
• Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
• Master's degree in Theology, Religious Education, or related discipline
• Minimum experience of 5 years in parish/diocesan ministry in catechesis and faith formation
• Strong knowledge of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, the Directory for Catechesis, and other documents relevant to evangelization and catechesis
• Experience in directing/facilitating family faith formation
• Excellent communication skills and pastoral sensitivity
• Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office and Google Suites
• Strongly Preferred: Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
For more information related to the ministry connected with this position, see https://noladceff.org.