Title: Information Technology Assistant (Full-time/Exempt)
Salary Range: Pay Grade E-17 42k - 45k
Education: Preferred undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience: At least 3 years experience and knowledge of Microsoft network management and virtual server environment.
Diocese of Shreveport
The Catholic Diocese of Shreveport is a non-profit religious organization that oversees the Catholic churches of North Louisiana in 16 civil parishes.
Assist director to maintain technical systems and services at the Catholic Center and Fairview House location. Assist IT director with maintaining information security and cybersecurity standards and that all locations follow technical safety guidelines established by the Diocese of Shreveport. Provides hardware and software technical support to parishes and schools. Provide and assist with user technical assistance and staff training on new technologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge and management of the following systems preferred:
• Avaya Digital Telephone system
• Microsoft Windows Server
• Exchange Cloud
• Cisco Wireless network
• Barracuda Advanced Threat Protection
• Sophos Intercept X Advanced
• VMware vSphere
• Meraki Firewall
• Office 365 applications
• Desktop operating system install, configuration, and management.
• Network and desktop security management.
• Network certifications.
• Ability to work with people in a helpful and harmonious manner.
• Technical competences to communicate with technical advisors and vendors.
• Ability to effectively communication and explain technical solutions in a non-technical manner.
• Ability to analyze and solve both simple and complicated technical issues.
• Ability to actively listen and resolve user problems accurately and in a timely manner
• Organizational skills.
• Position can require regular walking, kneeling, stooping, working under desks.
• Use of hands - Typing, minor lifting of equipment about 20 lbs.
• Sensory - Hearing, verbal communication, visual.
In good standing and knowledge of the Catholic Church.
• Health insurance inclusive with dental. Also, an alternative HSA qualified health insurance plan
• Supplemental vision insurance and other supplemental policies available
• Employer paid life and long-term disability insurance
• Flexible spending account for pretax medical expenses
• Retirement 403(b) plan. Includes employer contribution based on years of service
• Holidays, holy days, vacation, sick and bereavement days off
• Professional development funds to personally promote the skills of the employee.
• Annual employee retreat other events to continue to strengthen the working environment and support of each employee