Title: Executive Assistant to the Finance Office (Full-time/Non-exempt)
Salary: $32,000 - $36,000
Education: College or business school coursework; degree in business administration or related field preferred. Minimum of five years of Administrative or Legal Assistant experience.
Diocese of Shreveport
The Catholic Diocese of Shreveport is a non-profit religious organization that oversees the Catholic churches of North Louisiana.
The Executive Assistant for the Diocesan Business Office performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the Office of Business Affairs. Must be able to conduct all aspects of day-to-day operations in a compassionate and professional manner with complete confidentiality. The person in this position is expected to provide skilled comprehensive office management, including processing and coordinating diocesan insurance claims, property listings, reports and renewals, as well as maintain accurate office records and communications, and exhibit proficient use of Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access) and WordPress for business office website management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Position requires comprehensive analytical skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills. An in-depth knowledge of office management and basic accounting procedures is also a prerequisite.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with staff members, clergy and other members within the hierarchy of the Catholic Church.
• Proficient typing and proofreading skills as well as ability to compose and write in proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
• Self-motivated, prompt in performing tasks and capable of working independently
• Good research, reporting and organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task. Must be able to prioritize.
• Health insurance inclusive with dental. Also, an alternative HSA qualified health insurance plan
• Supplemental vision insurance and other supplemental policies available
• Employer paid life and long-term disability insurance
• Flexible spending account for pretax medical expenses
• Retirement 403(b) plan. Includes employer contribution based on years of service
• Holidays, holy days, vacation, sick and bereavement days off
• Annual employee retreat other events to continue to strengthen the working environment and support of each employee
For more information on this position go to our website at the Diocese of Shreveport, Job Opportunities.