Title: Director of Marriage and Family Life (Full-time/Exempt)
Salary Range: Pay Grade E-7 42k - 45k
Education: Bachelor's Degree in theology, administration or related field is preferred
Experience: Prior experience coordinating ministries preferred.
Marriage Preparation Ministry:
Assist in developing and coordinating elements of a comprehensive marriage preparation programs in parishes in the diocese including classes, small groups, retreats, NFP instruction and administrative tasks. Help parishes to identify, recruit and train a team of mentor couples and help them to develop their ministry into their parish.
Coordinates regular marriage enrichment opportunities to gather and disciple married couples. Develop and coordinate major marriage enrichment events and retreats. Develop and promote a family friendly culture within the diocese through programs and events designed to foster community life. Advocate and support the role of the family and invite all individuals to participate in the family of the Church. Develop and provide information for nursery ministries to facilitate young families' ability to participate in parish ministries and events.
Collaborate with other diocesan departments to develop and provide comprehensive evangelization initiatives. Support major programs run by other department team members.
Coordinate social media and webpage material related to ministry. Submit annual budget and maintain budget throughout year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be a committed and practicing Catholic.
• Must accept all the teachings of the Catholic Church, especially pertaining to marriage and sexuality.
• Must be committed to ongoing personal growth as a disciple and ongoing professional development.
• Must have strong discernment skills
• Ideal Team Player: Humble, Hungry and Smart
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
• Social media savvy preferred
• Position requires comprehensive analytical skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with staff members, clergy, parishes as well as other organizations.
• Self-motivated, prompt in performing tasks and capable of working independently and able to time manage and prioritize work duties.
• Confidential information, whether oral, written, or electronic should be maintained in a manner that ensures its confidentiality.
• Able to lift at least 20 lbs.
• Health insurance inclusive with dental. Also, an alternative HSA qualified health insurance plan
• Supplemental vision insurance and other supplemental policies available
• Employer paid life and long-term disability insurance
• Flexible spending account for pretax medical expenses
• Retirement 403(b) plan. Includes employer contributions based on years of service
• Holidays, holy days, birthday, vacation, sick and bereavement days off
• Professional development funds to personally promote the skills of the employee.
• Annual employee retreat other events to continue to strengthen the working environment and support of each employee