Original Job Posting
The Personnel Director is responsible for the oversight of employee benefits, personnel policies,
developing effective internal procedures, and employee-related issues. The Director ensures that
parishes, schools, and archdiocesan agencies have the necessary resources, information, and
materials to implement benefits at each local site.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Benefits and Human Resources
- Serve as the Plan Administrator Executive for the Catholic Archdiocese of Louisville
Retirement Plan performing all daily and annual duties for oversight and annual
- Assist Chancellor & Chief Administrative Officer with annual benefit renewal process.
- Maintain updates to Archdiocese of Louisville Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure legal compliance of all employment, benefit and reporting requirements.
- Oversee and approve payroll agency worksheet and review/approval of small group
- Update annual correspondence and contracts for school contract employees.
- Schedule and plan Arch Support Meetings to assist in training and education for parish,
school and archdiocesan agencies staff.
- Provide support for employee related issues.
- Maintain legal documents and files on Benefit and Retirement legal documents and
- Coordinate with Chancellor & Chief Administrative Officer contract renewal of
outsource payroll for the Roman Catholic Bishop of Louisville pay group.
- Gather articles/information for bi-monthly Arch Support Newsletter.
- Support High School Finance Directors and Parish/Regional School Business Managers
in scheduling of Roundtables.
- Prior to ordination, meet with seminarians scheduled for ordination. Complete
enrollment forms for benefit and retirement. Notify assigned parish of information.
- Prior to retirement, meet with retiring priests. Calculate retirement payment and provide
information on Medicare and supplemental policies.
- Upon arrival meet with priests from foreign countries, complete enrollment forms for
benefits and retirement (if applicable). Notify assigned parish of information.
- Work in support of Priest Personnel Office for information for Visa support information.
- Approve and monitor billing for retired priests’ retirement monthly payments and benefit
- Meet with new seminarians prior to entry into assigned seminarians and set up with
medical coverage. Obtain all documents needed for payroll information for summer
assignment and ACA reporting.
- Work with Associate Director on school stipends and summer assignments notifying
parishes of payroll and room/board and food allowance.
- Provide benefit enrollment information including 401k retirement plan. Provide
Personnel Policies, Summary Plan Description and SPD for retirement plan booklets.
- Set up agency personnel folder and information sheet for payroll entry. Set up attendance
worksheet under appropriate agency.
- Record all attendance form timesheets submitted. Provide quarterly update to Agency
- After June 30th attendance records are complete, compile information to send to
Controller for annual accrual entry for unused vacation time and sick time owed.
- After December 31st attendance records are complete, compile information for annual
Paid Leave Time individual reports.
Switchboard Supervision and Support:
- Supervise Pastoral Center Receptionist
- Schedule floater coverage in sick, personal or vacation absences at both the Pastoral
Center and Maloney Center.
- Provide pay information on floater to Personnel Services Coordinator each pay period.
- Maintain contact list of available floaters.
Position Qualifications and Competencies:
- Experience as a Human Resources Administrator
- BS/BA in related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to direct and coordinate projects and initiatives
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and be timely with assignments and projects
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas of personnel and benefits