Apply here: https://nelnet.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/MyNelnet/job/Inside-Sales-Representative_R14043
The Inside Sales Representative I's primary focus is to either retain or re-establish relationships with existing customers and to acquire new customers through a consultative sales and relationship building approach, using excellent customer service. This position has minimal travel with most communication occurring via phone, e-mail, internet-based demonstrations/meetings, etc. This position may work in more than one market and sells Nelnet Community Engagement peripheral and value-added products along with some sales and lead generation of flagship products to smaller organizations.
1. Close deals in a highly competitive, consultative selling environment.
2. Up-sell to existing customers through education and providing additional product knowledge of software and services or new products and services.
3. Collaborate independently with other departments (Operations, Marketing, Field Sales) to deliver insights and work as a team to secure new large clients.
4. Draft proposals and contracts for targeted prospects or existing customers.
5. Provide expertise and advice while becoming a trusted advisor to prospects and current customers regarding product and service offerings.
6. Share needs, issues, and ideas gathered from current and prospective customers to improve current products/services or to assist in potentially developing new products/services.
7. Use SalesForce CRM to maintain records of contacts, accounts, leads, opportunities, activities, and regularly provide updates and report generation to leadership.
8. Provide insight to marketing and growth teams to generate qualified sales leads.
9. Forecast and prepare sales plans to achieve sales goals.
Bachelor's Degree in business, communications, marketing or a related field or a combination of education and related experience.
1. 1-3 years of experience creating/maintaining business relationships via telephone phone.
2. Customer service and call center experience a plus.
3. Proven track record of high performance and achieving goals.
4. Experience presenting via the web and in-person to both small and large groups.
5. Experience in education technology and software, as a service, sales a plus.
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. A strong team player.
2. Willingness to engage in direct sales and outbound prospecting.
3. Strong follow-up skills, high self-motivation, and commitment to accuracy.
4. Ability to quickly establish rapport with customers and maintain long-term relationships.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills while displaying a high energy level and positive attitude.
6. Comfort in initiating business conversations with decision makers.
7. Ability to Identify and develop strategies to overcome obstacles in the prospect's or current customer's decision making process.
8. Ability to build a strong pipeline, close new business, and expand relationships with new and existing customers.
9. Self-driven with excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to take direction well.
10. Strong computer skills including sales software, presentation software, communications applications, and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or [email protected]
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.