Interested in putting your skills and passion to work for the Church? Consider joining our team at St. Francis of Assisi as our EDGE Coordinator! The EDGE Coordinator oversees formation for 6th-8th graders utilizing, in part, the EDGE curriculum published by Life Teen. Hours are negotiable; full-time or part-time will be considered based on availability and qualifications. Some evenings and weekends required.
Who We Are
We are a large and growing parish in West Des Moines, Iowa, a suburb of the city of Des Moines which has the fastest growing metropolitan area in the Midwest. As the largest parish in the state of Iowa, we welcome nearly 20 new families each month with well over 10,000 currently registered parishioners. We seek to be a center of formation for the laity, empowering them through prayer and apostolate to bring the Gospel to their homes, schools, workplaces, and hobbies.
A Typical Day in the Office
Spend a few hours exploring the latest EDGE curriculum from Life Teen in order to plan the next series of Wednesday meetings with your students. Then place some phone calls to local pizza restaurants requesting food donations for next year. Summer is just around the corner so you confirm bowling reservations and solidify summer service projects. You put the finishing touches on the agenda for the Core Team planning meeting you are hosting this evening and you meet one-on-one for an hour with one of your adult volunteers to disciple them in building a habit of daily prayer.
What You Need
• High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
• Eagerness to monitor personal key metrics in order to identify best practices and sustain high performance standards
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including ability to write and deliver talks and presentations
• Capacity to be agile and adjust to ever changing priorities and conditions
• Independent self-starter attitude, willing to "go the extra mile" in all that you do
• Proficiency with digital tools, e.g., Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, social media, etc.
• Formal theological training preferred though not required
• Most importantly, coachability and a desire to constantly improve and seek out best practices
What We Have To Offer
• A Team Approach - Solo ministry can often lead to burnout. When you join St. Francis you join a team of five other people in the Faith Formation Office who meet regularly and support one another in their work.
• Intentionality - From our core values to weekly check-ins to quarterly planning sessions, we seek to do our work with thoughtfulness. We have a well-established vision and a process in place to help you strategize your efforts.
• Lifelong Growth - We see work as a means of sanctification and are committed to investing in our team members, providing them the support they need to excel both personally and professionally.
• The Sacraments - Daily Mass and frequent Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament make it easy to build a prayer routine around a schedule that is convenient for you.
• Competitive pay, cost-shared health benefits, retirement matching, and more!
Please send a cover letter outlining your philosophy of ministry, a resume, and three references to Katie Patrizio, Director of Faith Formation. Applications can be sent via email to [email protected] or by mail to:
St. Francis of Assisi
7075 Ashworth Rd
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Application Deadline: August 3, 2023