Saints Mary & Mathias Catholic Church is excited to build a Formation and Evangelization Team that will help people of all ages Encounter Jesus Christ and His Church, Grow in their relationship with Christ, and live out that relationship as they Serve the parish and community, and we're looking for someone to direct this team. The right candidate will have the opportunity to recruit, form, and lead a team of paid professionals and volunteers. The team will be responsible for initiatives including Sacramental Preparation, Youth and Adult Faith Formation, Youth Ministry, Children's Ministry, Retreat Ministry, Kerygmatic Presentations, and Small Group Ministry.
We are seeking:
- A professional with a heart for ministry and a desire to help people of all ages become disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Someone who can help us craft an approach to faith formation that focuses on equipping parents to be the first and best teachers of the faith.
- Someone with the skills and temperament to lead a team of professionals and volunteers.
- Someone with experience in forming and supporting small group ministry for parishioners of all ages.
- Be a member of the Pastor's Leadership Team.
- Assist the Pastor to implement a Discipleship Path
Implement programing and opportunities at key stages (Encounter, Grow, Serve) to help people progress along the path.
• Kerygmatic Presentations (e.g. Alpha, The Search, etc....)
• Sacramental Preparation and Faith Formation
• Small Groups
• Called and Gifted
- Lead the Formation & Evangelization Team
Assist in recruiting and hiring a full-time Coordinator for Adolescent Formation and Evangelization in the immediate future.
Note: current plans include exploring the hiring of either a full or part-time Coordinator for Children's Formation and Evangelization in the 2024-25 or 2025-26 Fiscal Year. The team will also include a member of the school faculty.
Recruit and form volunteer members of the Formation & Evangelization Team
The Formation & Evangelization Team will be responsible for
Sacramental Preparation (Baptism, Confession, First Holy Communion, Confirmation, and Order of Christian Initiation of Adults)
Youth Ministry (small groups, retreats, service trips, etc...)
Children's Ministry (Faith Formation programming, Vacation Bible School, etc...)
Small Group Ministry
Some Ministry to Catholic School students, faculty, and parents
In addition to leading the Formation and Evangelization Team, the Director will have special responsibility for some of these initiatives, as determined in consultation with the Pastor.
- An actively practicing Catholic with a strong sense of the importance of a life of discipleship
- Strong grounding in Catholic theology and ecclesiology, as evidenced by a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree preferred) in Theology, Catholic Studies, Religious Education, or a related field, or a combination of other relevant coursework and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant professional ministry settings
- Experience in leading teams (including both paid and volunteer members)
- Ability to relate effectively with staff, volunteers, parishioners and guests of all ages
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as required
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency with or ability to learn Microsoft 365 applications
- Must hold or be able to obtain valid Iowa Driver's license
- Fluency in Spanish or experience working in Hispanic or multi-cultural setting is helpful, but not required
- Successful candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background and credit check, and complete VIRTUS Safe Environment Training.
Hours and Compensation:
- Full time, year-round, FLSA exempt position
- Will require evening and occasional weekend duties
- Eligible for benefits package, including paid vacation and holidays, health insurance, and 401(k) match
- Salary Range: $55,000-$70,000, depending on education and experience.
- Reports to: Pastor
- Collaborates with: Parish Staff
- Supervises: Coordinator of Adolescent Formation and Evangelization
- Facilitates Ministry of volunteers
For More Information:
Fr. Chris Weber
215 W 8th Street
Muscatine, IA 52761