REAL Women of Canada, a non-profit, federally incorporated advocacy organization, has an immediate opening for a permanent office assistant in our Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada, office. The position is four days a week. Times are somewhat negotiable, approximately 30 hrs a week. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to take an active role in pro-life and pro-family issues. This is an on-site position.
Applicant must be in agreement with the aims and objectives of the organization, (please check out https://realwomenofcanada.ca/about-us/aims-and-objectives/)
Computer literacy is absolutely essential
Excellent typing skills, must be comfortable with taking dictation
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Good vocabulary and grammatical skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office
Familiar with Constant Contact (mass email application), Facebook, WordPress
Ability to multi-task and prioritize
Ability to self-manage and work independently
Excellent office organizational skills
Competent telephone skills
Ability to work as a team in a small, busy office
Ability to update content on WordPress site using Avada theme a strong asset
· Would be advantageous to have access to a vehicle
· Taking dictation (emails, articles) / making written edits to typed materials
· Printing emails and materials from the Internet
· Composing e-REALity email in Constant Contact (mass email service, follows an established template) / assisting publication process of both e-REALity and the hard copy version
· Posting articles on a WordPress site
· Posting to/moderating REAL Women’s Facebook page
· Light office cleaning
· Ordering office supplies
· Writing yearly office report/occasional reports required by partner organizations
· Some legal secretary responsibilities (extensive direction provided)
· Faxing materials to other staff/volunteers
· Occasional drafting of emails/advertisements
· Organizing/backing up computer files
· Occasional Internet research
· Maintaining office records
Important:Include answers to the following questions in your application package:
1. How would you summarize the aims and objectives of REAL Women of Canada? Why is this mission important?
2. What are your career and life goals?
3. What is your experience in the pro-life and pro-family movement, and how has it prepared you for working with REAL Women of Canada?
Note that we are unable to pay any relocation expenses.
Please send resume, including three references (not family), at least two of which are work references, and a cover letter, as PDF attachments to [email protected]