St. Pius X Catholic Church, Indianapolis is seeking a part-time/full-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. As the point of "first contact," this position is vital to the integrity and professionalism of the Parish Offices. It is critical that this employee supports the goal of ensuring efficient operation of the Parish Offices and maintains an attitude of flexibility. Provide a welcoming presence for anyone who contacts the office, either in person or by phone. Support the pastoral staff through the proficient use of secretarial and administrative skills.
• Practicing Catholic who fully supports Church's teachings.
• Desire to promote the mission of the Catholic Church
• Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality in all matters
• Proficient office skills, including word processing
• Ability to communicate with kindness and sometimes firmness
• Ability to relate to a variety of persons
• Strong organizational skills
• Flexible with tasks and with time and able to prioritize tasks as needed.
• Welcomes visitors and parishioners with care and maintains a welcoming front office
• Daily opening and closing of Parish Office.
• Answers the phones and handles calls as appropriate
• Receives deliveries
• Assists with tasks such as mailings, copying, or filing, Creating Labels, Telephoning, Arranging meetings, etc. Duplicates and/or distributes letters, reports etc., as needed.
• Will maintain the parish calendar including funerals, weddings, meetings, gym scheduling during non-school hours, etc.
• In addition to those outlined in the Duties and Responsibilities: Be able to participate fully in the practice of the Roman Catholic Faith. Maintain confidentiality in all parish matters. Adhere to parish policies and procedures. Work as a team member. Maintain a productive workload/schedule. Develop and maintain effective work relationships with parishioners, visitors, and staff members. Wear appropriate professional attire during office hours and conduct oneself as a representative of the parish.