St. Elizabeth Seton in Carmel, IN is seeking a full time Youth and Young Adult Specialist. The Specialist will coordinate, implement, and evaluate comprehensive youth ministry programs for grades 9-12. This program is to include aspects of the components of: catechesis, community life, evangelization, justice and service aspects, leadership development, pastoral care and prayer and worship opportunities associated with high school students. In addition, the minister is responsible for cultivating opportunities for young adults within the parish for the sake of community and evangelization. Lastly, the minister will work alongside the Youth and Young Family Specialist as a team to benefit all aspects of young parish life.
Some responsibilities of the position will include:
• Maintain a weekly meeting schedule during the school year for high school youth ministry and during the summer where appropriate.
• Recruit, train, motivate, and evaluate all peer and adult volunteers, insuring compliance with Diocesan Protocol Training, Policy and Procedures.
• Be a representative for the parish in regards to national, diocesan, and deanery retreats and activities, including but not limited to the National Catholic Youth Conference, Fall Break Mission Trip, etc.
• Develop relationships with parents that are conducive to open communication between parents and youth. Build a strong team of adult volunteers to assist in various aspects of youth ministry. Enlist support and involvement of parents and parish organizations. Gather information on needs, interests, beliefs, etc. of targeted age groups via key youth.
• Facilitate and continue cultivating a community of young adults. Frequent events, retreats, sacramental opportunities, and community service all play into this ministry. Find key volunteers who are willing to be invested and willing to invite/accompany others.
Desired minimum requirements:
• Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree required with course work in youth ministry, religious education, and/or theology preferred. Minimum of two years of experience working with youth. Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Faith and Church Doctrine.
• Skills: Strong organization and communication skills, ability to manage more than one project/event at one time is essential. Able to make good decisions; to resolve conflicts, teach and manage adults and teens. Goal oriented and team focused.
• Other Requirements: Computer proficient, Microsoft Office programs, internet savvy, familiarity with databases preferred but not required.
• General Expectations: In addition to those outlined in the Position Summary, Be able to participate fully in the practice of the Roman Catholic Faith. Maintain confidentiality in all parish matters. Adhere to parish policies and procedures. Work as a team member. Maintain a productive workload/schedule. Develop and maintain effective work relationships with parishioners, visitors, and staff members. Wear appropriate professional attire during office hours and conduct oneself as a representative of the parish. Participate in staff meetings.
Interested candidates can submit a resume and cover letter to Greg Fleckenstein, St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church, 10655 Haverstick Road, Carmel, Indiana 46033 or email to: [email protected] . Summer start date expected. Full job description available upon request.