Title of Position: Senior Vice President
Reports to Supervisor: President
Holy Cross College's Mission: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical, experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Our hiring practices reflect this missional commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Typical Schedule: This is a full-time position with typical hours being 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. This position does include some evening and weekend work, as well as travel.
Purpose: The Senior Vice President is a member of the president's executive council and senior leadership team and is responsible for leading the implementation of the Strategic Plan and is responsible for oversight over enrollment, retention, outcomes.
Essential Job Duties:
• All administrators, faculty and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
Member of the Executive Council and Senior Leadership Team
• Member of the Senior Leadership Team and Executive Council, working collaboratively with a cohesive, mission driven, and forward moving Senior Leadership Team and other administrative members of the College.
• Serves as an aide to the President and Executive Council in relating to internal and external constituencies, representing the College where appropriate.
• Identifies institutional advancement opportunities and collaborates with the Executive Council and Advancement Office in cultivating relationships.
• Provide counsel for the Advancement Office.
• Represent the College effectively and passionately as delegated by the President in a responsible, authoritative, and convincing manner.
• Work with the President and cross-functionally with the Executive Council to ensure effective and efficient planning, policies, and programs.
• Manage and steward a portfolio of benefactors to the College.
• Support and assess the implementation of the College's Strategic Plan.
• Work closely with the President and Executive Council to shape and manage the strategic agenda for the President and the College, including developing presidential action plans and objectives, tracking related projects, and advising the President on their status.
• Partner with the EVP to assess and implement initiatives for diversifying revenue sources.
• Partner with the Provost to assess and implement initiatives for expanding academics resources and capacity.
• Lead assigned special projects on behalf of the President, ensuring projects are scoped, options are comprehensively evaluated, targeted timelines are met, and outcomes are delivered.
Enrollment, Retention, and Outcomes
• Responsible for the supervision of Enrollment, Retention, and Outcomes, and cross functionally with Student Life and Academics to develop and implement an enrollment and retention plan that is strategic, and data informed.
• Provide oversight and strategic leadership for the admissions and financial aid offices.
• Develop and maintain a dashboard on admissions, enrollment, retention, and outcomes to be reported to the President, Executive Council, and Board of Trustees
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Master's degree in business, accounting, leadership, higher education or a similar relevant field preferred, plus progressive growth in leadership and cabinet level positions in higher education.
• Ability to interact with a variety of constituents including students, parents, faculty, staff, administration, trustees, and benefactors.
• Ability to keep information confidential.
• Ability to manage and coach staff at a variety of levels including senior administrators.
• A high level of organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
• Ability to anticipate issues, and work with a high level of energy.
• Ability to work under pressure, in a team atmosphere, with a minimum of direct supervision.
• Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint required, Microsoft Excel preferred.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified. Employment at Holy Cross College is 'at will' meaning either the college or employee can end the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Holy Cross College is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications and are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or any other legally protected status. Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter and three references (names and contact information) via email to Human Resources [email protected]
Notre Dame, IN 46556