Title of Position: Admissions Counselor
Supervisor: Director of Admissions
Holy Cross College's Mission: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical, experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Our hiring practices reflect this missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Typical Schedule: This is a full-time position beginning July 2023. Typical for this position is daily business hours Monday through Friday, 8am until 5pm, including evenings and some weekends to serve the needs of the College. Periodic travel including overnight stays may be required, primarily in the fall and occasionally in the spring.
Purpose: The Admissions Counselor is responsible for assisting with all phases of the recruitment and enrollment of new students to Holy Cross College, including, but not limited to: regional travel, representing Holy Cross College to high school counselors, prospective students and parents; recruiting students and cultivating relationships with guidance counselors in an assigned geographic territory while assisting students to meet their professional goals and to live lives of purpose and integrity.
Essential Job Duties:
• All administrators, faculty and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
• Plan, manage and conduct recruitment and counseling activities in an assigned geographic territory.
• Prepare and submit statistical reports and detailed summaries of personal recruitment activities in assigned territory.
• Review and evaluate applications of prospective students.
• Develop and maintain communication with prospective students, parents and school counselors throughout the recruitment cycle.
• Assist with the planning, organization, and execution of both on- and off-campus admissions programs.
• Assist with initiatives related to, but not limited to tele counseling, social media, alumni outreach, multicultural recruitment, data assessment, advising student groups, etc.
• Conduct group and individual information sessions for prospective students and their parents.
• Attend required events such as College Fairs, Preview Days, Admitted Student Days, etc.
• Coordinate in-house mailings of recruitment invites and literature to prospective students.
• Provide counsel and assistance to admitted students as they manage the enrollment process including, but not limited to, financial aid opportunities, billing and payments, and orientation registration.
• Complete additional specific projects to be determined by the Director of Admissions as well as serving the needs of the College as assigned.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Ability:
• Bachelor's degree
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and leadership skills
• Attention to detail and demonstrated organization skills related to programming/project management are essential.
• Valid unrestricted driver's license
• Knowledge and experience using MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel for approximately 10 weeks per year of overnight recruitment including high school visits and college fairs
• Cultural competence and ability to work effectively with a diverse student population in respectful, equitable and inclusive ways.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends when necessary to serve the needs of the department
• Highly motivated person who is task oriented
• Ability to work under pressure in a team atmosphere and with a minimum of direct supervision.
• The successful candidate will demonstrate a connection to the Holy Cross College mission to educate the whole person in mind, body, and spirit.
• Experience in Higher Education Admissions
o Experience as undergraduate admissions intern, student ambassador, or student volunteer may be considered.
• Knowledge and experience using social media for marketing and communication
• Knowledge and experience using Slate by Technolutions
• Multilingual skills preferred.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified. Employment at Holy Cross College is 'at will' meaning either the college or employee can end the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Holy Cross College is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications and are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or any other legally protected status. Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter, and names and contact information for three references to [email protected]. Position Open until filled.