The Lafayette Catholic School System (LCSS) is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director. The Lafayette Catholic School System, located in Lafayette, IN, is part of the Catholic Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana and serves approximately 900 students in five schools: one preschool, three elementary schools and one junior-senior high school. The LCSS is accredited by Cognia and the state of Indiana; all schools are consistently rated as "A" schools. The schools are blessed with exceptional teaching and administrative staffs and a dedicated group of parents, community members and alumni.
The Executive Director is the chief executive of the operational vitality for the system, including development/advancement, marketing/enrollment, finances, and capital projects, while overseeing all aspect of school life. The Executive Director leads and articulates the school's mission and vision, creates and implements strategic plans, and builds and nurtures relationships. Applicants must foster a strong Catholic identity, value diversity, and possess effective leadership and interpersonal skills. Applicants must be practicing Roman Catholics in good standing with the Church who have demonstrated their commitment to servant leadership. He or she reports to and is evaluated by the Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the diocese in collaboration with the Board of Directors. Preferred candidates will have a master's degree and/or equivalent work experience and a track record of building community and serving others. Experience with K-12 education is preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by February 8, 2021; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
1. Monitors the expression of Catholic identity in all facets of school life.
2. Cultivates a relationship with pastors; works with the Office of Catholic Schools in supporting the vision of the bishop of the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana.
3. Oversees school personnel and budgets, educational and development programs, enrollment management, business affairs, and facilities.
4. Articulates the mission of the school system to alumni, parents, students, faculty, staff, and the wider community.
5. Acts as a liaison between the Board of Directors and the school employees.
6. Hires, supervises, and evaluates principals; oversees faculty and staff.
7. Develops and updates the strategic plan for the future of the school system, including short- term and long-term goals and objectives.
8. Presents policy issues and recommendations; submits an annual operating budget and personal annual performance objectives to the Board of Directors.
9. Supervises the fiscal operations of the school and oversees the collection of tuition and the school policy regarding the administration of financial aid.
10. Plans, implements, and supervises the school's fiscal development programs, including endowment and capital funding, to support the sustained growth of system resources.
To apply: Please send 1) current resume, 2) letter of interest, 3) contact information for three professional references, and 4) responses to the questions below to:
Dr. Peg Dispenzieri, Superintendent Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana [email protected]
What attracts you to the position of Executive Director for the LCSS?
What do you feel are the most important gifts you have to offer in this position?
What experience have you had leveraging diversity to achieve success?
Where do you see your role of Executive Director of the LCSS fitting into your professional and personal journey?