Dominican Friars of the Province of St. Albert the Great, a Roman Catholic religious order of men, preach in a wide variety of settings: college campuses, schools, parishes, and hospitals, as well through the arts, in diocesan offices, in the missions, among the poor, on the road, on the internet, and in various specialized fields. To operate from its Provincial Center in Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood, we seek a Director of Marketing to promote and build awareness of our order. We seek a creative marketing professional to develop messaging and communications materials in support of our purpose: To Preach the Gospel. The incumbent will assist Province leadership in narrating the Dominican Friars' story, generating content for various digital and print platforms, promoting the impact of our ministries among a variety of audiences to increase support for these ministries.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create content to engage, cultivate, and encourage support and awareness of the ministries of the Dominican Friars, Province of St. Albert the Great.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy to increase Province visibility and user engagement.
- Work collaboratively with the Province Promoter of Media and the Social Media Manager.
- Research and write timely, deadline-sensitive content for marketing materials, press releases, and Province websites, among other outlets.
- Serve as content creator and editor for periodic Province publications and website updates.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with friars of the Province, its ministries, vendors, and relevant external media to enhance interest in the work and mission of the friars.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field of study required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in marketing and communications, preferably with a Catholic organization.
This full-time, on-site, salaried position with excellent benefits reports to the Executive Director of Mission Advancement at the Dominican Province Center in Chicago, Illinois. Incumbent will occasionally work evenings and weekends as well as periodically travel to ministry sites in the Central Province and to relevant professional conferences. Dominican Friars of the Province of St. Albert the Great, a religious order of men in the Roman Catholic tradition, expect employees will respect the teachings and beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and marketing samples to Mr. Bob Dixon, Executive Director of Mission Advancement, Province of St Albert the Great, 1910 S. Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60608 or via email to [email protected] No phone inquiries, please.
For more information about the Dominicans, Province of St. Albert the Great, visit opcentral.org