Job Title: Parish Administrative Assistant
Contact: Msgr. Robert Dempsey, Pastor
Status: Full time, Benefits Eligible, Non-Exempt, Hourly
St. Patrick Church
991 S. Waukegan Rd.
Lake Forest, IL 60045
St. Patrick Church in Lake Forest seeks a qualified, full-time Administrative Assistant, beginning early September. The Administrative Assistant assists in all functions of the parish office. Serves as the first point of contact for those calling and entering the parish office. Acts in accordance with Archdiocesan policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Greet callers and guests, take messages, and route calls and parish email as appropriate.
• Record, retrieve, and distribute voice mail messages from the parish mailbox to the appropriate staff member.
• Record the telephone greetings with changes as needed for seasonal, holy days, holiday, and special events.
• Oversee the timely opening of the Ministry Office.
• Oversee the closing of the Ministry Office, turning off of machinery and lights and locking cabinets and doors. All outgoing mail is to be mailed by the end of the day.
• Count the weekly Mass collection assisted by parish volunteers. Prepare collection for deposit at local bank.
• Maintain paperwork necessary for the counting of the weekly collection.
• Organize and prepare forms for all special collections.
• Notify parishioners via email about funeral arrangements and notices of deaths of parishioners or their loved ones.
• Email envelope updates to Overt Envelope Company every two months.
• Perform office functions including, but not limited to, copying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mail sorting.
• Record parishioner donations in PDS, ParishSOFT, or similar software.
• Prepare certificates for sacraments and other liturgical events following Archdiocesan guidelines.
• Record Mass intentions to be celebrated.
• Receive and record payments for Mass intentions, baptisms, weddings, and funerals and votives per Archdiocesan and parish policies.
• Record new registrations, update records with current information. Print Rolodex family information cards.
• Record sacramental information in PDS Census Program as well as Sacramental Books.
• Run census reports as needed or requested.
• Maintain a list of individuals requesting Helping Hands assistance, updating as necessary.
• Obtain information required for completion of the parish's Baptismal form and distribute to Pastor and other staff members as needed.
• Maintain and update a list of scheduled weddings for the Pastor.
• Send Notification of Marriage forms to church where individuals were baptized.
• Coordinate the dispersal of building keys to staff members and parishioners.
• Practice discretion and confidentiality when dealing with personal, sensitive, financial, internal, and private matters.
• Other assignments and projects as required.
• High School graduate or GED; Associates Degree preferred
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in a parish or business office setting or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
• Strong, demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Familiarity and experience with office equipment. Knowledge of PDS Census and Ministry Scheduling programs.
• Excellent organizational and time management competencies.
• Strong verbal and written communication, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills.
• Exhibits flexibility and responsibility.
• Pays attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to identify issues and propose recommendations/solutions.
• Maintain complete confidentiality of staff and parishioner information.
• Demonstrate understanding, respect, and support of the Catholic Church teaching, mission, and values.
How to Apply:
• Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references to Msgr. Robert Dempsey, Pastor, at [email protected]. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.