TITLE Benefit Administrator
AGENCY Finance Office
SUPERVISOR Director of Diocesan Finance
The Benefit Administrator is responsible for all administrative aspects of the diocesan insurance program (medical, property, unemployment, and worker compensation) and performs work necessary for the efficient and effective operation of the insurance program at the diocese, parishes, and school levels for approximately 2,000 employees.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Health Insurance (Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability)
• Process enrollment applications and terminations for all benefited employees of the diocese, parishes, schools, and other agencies.
• Verify eligibility for coverage.
• Process changes to dependents, coverages, and addresses.
• Prepare and send monthly health insurance invoices to parishes.
• Prepare and process ACA documents and notices.
• Process FMLA notices.
• Answer questions from covered individuals regarding coverages, covered services, and bills received from service providers.
• Review and process for payment monthly invoices received from BCBS and other coverage providers.
• Verify that all diocesan and parish property and vehicles are included on the insurance ledger prepared by Catholic Mutual.
• Process changes for property added or removed during the year.
• Prepare and mail insurance invoices to the parishes and schools covered by the diocese property and liability insurance program.
Unemployment Compensation Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance
• Accumulate employee counts from all parishes, schools, and agencies.
• Prepare annual billings.
• Review and process payments to the State of Illinois for individuals receiving unemployment benefits.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain all accounts receivable records for insurance invoices.
• Follow up on past due insurance billings to parishes.
• Aid in the preparation of benefit mailings to covered members of the health insurance program.
• Track and reconcile FSA deductions.
• Accumulate employment data from parishes, schools, and agencies.
• Update plan descriptions in employee benefits manual.
• Support the mission, philosophy, objectives and policies of the Roman Catholic Church and the Diocese of Joliet.
• College degree preferred, but not required.
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
• A minimum of three (3) years' experience in a benefits position.
• Knowledgeable working with multiple software databases - Payroll and Insurance Benefits.
• Familiar with third party payroll services and HRIS software.
• Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to organize, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in multitasking.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
• Must support the mission, philosophy, objectives, and policies of the Roman Catholic Church and the Diocese of Joliet.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. Normal work week Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Some overtime required.