- Traveling regularly to each of our regions to build and maintain relationships with Viatorian youth and young adult ministry leaders and the youth with whom they minister, with a focus on learning their needs and interests
- Supporting and resourcing Viatorian youth and young adult ministry leaders at sites where Viatorians minister, especially by researching trends, learning best practices in youth and young adult ministry, and actively staying up to date with professional development in ministry, and then sharing findings with our ministry leaders through effective communication
- Building ongoing relationships with church institutions focused on youth or young adult ministry (i.e. NFCYM) to understand best practices for outreach to these age groups
- Creating regional and province-wide Viatorian youth and young adult events and programming (including hybrid or virtual avenues) with a particular focus on Viatorian leadership development, in collaboration with adult leaders in the regions
- Coordinating Viatorian provincially organized and sponsored delegations to participate in regional, national and international Catholic youth events, such as NCYC, LA Youth Day, and more
Building ongoing relationships with young adults involved in Viatorian ministry, especially with young adults in college and beyond, especially those who have served as leaders in Viatorian programs
- Collaborating with provincial office for special events, particularly on preparations, coordination, and direction of the annual Viatorian Youth Congress
- Collaborating with the Viatorian Vocation Ministry office
- Developing an effective way to track tasks, program progress, and time allocations for reporting processes with supervisor
- Experience in Catholic youth or young adult ministry
- Master's level degree in theology, ministry, peace and justice, or another relevant discipline
- Preferred: prior familiarity with and enthusiasm for the Viatorian charism
- Academic training in Catholic youth and/or young adult ministry, or the willingness to complete training at a theological institution (such as a certificate via EQSaints)
- Ability to travel regularly and productively work remotely
The coordinator will be supervised by a person or people to be appointed by the Provincial Council by time of hire. The coordinator will have an initial evaluation by his or her supervisor(s) after six months of work, with a regular interval of evaluations to follow that can be decided together by the coordinator and supervisor(s).
Given the salary level at similar positions, the target starting salary is $60,000/year with benefits, but the offer will depend on experience and credentials.
Location and Hours
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
The position will be based from the Viatorian Province Center in Arlington Heights, Illinois, where the coordinator will have an office.
Given the need for extensive travel, this person will have significant flexibility to work remotely, work flexible hours, visit various Viatorian institutions and ministry trip sites, etc. This role will often involve unusual hours, which may include nights, weekends, or overnight stays.
Interested applicants need to prepare a resume and a cover letter. Within your cover letter, include a written reflection on how you would approach the first few months in this position.
Submit your materials via email, preferably as PDFs, to the Viatorian Vocation Ministry office: [email protected].
Applications will be accepted until the job is filled. Interviews will be planned with candidates on a rolling basis. Preferred start date will be July 1, but this will be determined after hiring.
(Available as a downloadable PDF: bit.ly/VYYAC)
Arlington Heights, IL 60004