Position Summary: As a member of the Marketing team, the Communications Specialist will write and edit content for a variety of projects - including print, web, mobile, video, and social media. The
Communications Specialist will work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times. The role will work closely with attorneys, leadership,
and staff to brainstorm ideas, develop concepts, and articulate messaging. The most successful candidate will be a quick learner who has a versatile writing style.
Logistics: Position will be located on-site at the TMS Headquarters in downtown Chicago.
• Be adept at varying the voice, style, and other characteristics of messaging based on the writer
and intent of the communication.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communications and law-related industry trends.
• Develop concepts and compose clear, concise, original, and error-free copy / content for a range
of marketing and communications mediums reflecting the TMS mission / brand.
• Collaborate with attorneys, leadership, and staff from concept development to delivery of final copy / content including e-mail, digital, print ads, and direct mail channels.
• Research and understand target audiences through reviews of existing research, online searches, interviews with subject-matter experts, and in-person meetings, as necessary.
• Collaborate with external designers, PR, and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g., email campaigns, landing pages, social media posts).
• Create digital content including, landing pages, web targeting, and social posts/ads.
• Compose email campaigns with segmentation and message versioning.
• Work collaboratively with TMS web developer to ensure thoughtful user experience.
• Use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) principles to maximize copy's reach.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline.
• Supportive of TMS positions on Life, Family, Freedom, and Election Integrity.
• Active faith life in accord with Catholic-Christian teachings.
• Knowledge or involvement in Pro-Life organizations a plus.
• Excellent language proficiency and above average communication skills.
• Demonstrated versatile copywriting experience, editing, proofreading, and research skills.
• Possess technical and computer skills with CMS, web design, and basic formatting.
• Keen eye for detail and appreciation of creative design.
• Understanding of marketing and lifecycle email campaigns.
• Success in creating and managing social media strategy promoting a high-engagement presence.
Chicago, IL 60606