Part-Time Accounting Clerk Wanted
Due to a recent retirement, we are searching for a part-time Accounting Clerk skilled in both general ledger accounting and accounts payable processing. This is an onsite position, which works closely with our finance team, performing general ledger account reconciliations, running financial reports, and maintaining financial records.
Our business location is in a lovely neighborhood on the far north side of Chicago. We offer steady, dependable employment in a quiet, clean, and friendly work environment, with the opportunity to train and learn from other employees on our team. Our location is near transit, and we offer free on-site employee parking. In addition, this position offers paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, paid holidays, and some flexibility in weekly scheduling. Healthcare benefits, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan with matching employer contributions are available. Employees are also eligible to purchase dental and voluntary benefits at group rates.
Accounting and Banking
1. Prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
2. Key data of financial transactions into QuickBooks
3. Reconcile general ledger and bank accounts in a timely manner
4. Prepare month-end financial statements
5. Prepare bank deposits
6. Track and audit petty cash
7. Sort and distribute departmental invoices for management approval
8. Pay invoices by means of either check, bill pay, ACH, wire, or transfer
9. Track the status of payable accounts
10. Maintain accurate vendor files
11. Respond in a timely manner to vendor and internal requests
12. Provide assistance and support to other departments and to individual Sisters as necessary
13. Compile various reports and summaries as requested
14. Provides other duties as assigned
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Three years of proven experience in clerical accounting
3. Solid understanding of accounts payable, coding, and transactional accounting
4. Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
5. Familiarity with QuickBooks a plus
6. Competency in MS Office, databases, and accounting software
7. Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information
8. High level of accuracy and efficiency
9. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
10. Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills
11. Willingness to comply with all company, local, state, and federal financial regulations
12. Proficiency in the English language
This is a part-time, 30 hour per week, non-exempt position.
The Accounting Clerk is directly accountable to the CFO/COO.
If you are looking for a pleasant working atmosphere, have a keen understanding of accounting procedures and software, and the ability to work well both with others and alone, please forward your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Chicago, IL 60659