The Evangelization and Ministry Director assists the Pastor with the overall ministry and evangelization efforts in the parish to ensure that everyone encounters Jesus Christ and deepens their commitment to Him and His Church. The person is responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation, and ongoing improvement of the evangelization initiatives and building community. This person is also responsible for managing other ministry staff.
Essential Job Functions
• Collaborate with the Pastor and others on discernment and implementation of the vision that best enables parishioners to become Catholic disciples of Jesus Christ.
• Assist the Pastor with the development and implementation of the strategic plan for parish mission and vitality and ensure that parish ministries are aligned with it.
• Direct the recruitment, training, and assessing of staff members and volunteers entrusted with leadership of the parish ministries, formation, and catechesis.
• Develop and manage lifelong formation programs in particular the adult faith formation program.
• Collaborate with members of Saints Joseph and Francis Xavier's School and Youth Faith Formation program on evangelization programs and parent education.
• Lead and facilitate the RCIA process and team to promote and invite potential candidates as well as schedule, plan and coordinate all rites, liturgies, scrutinies, etc. associated with the Sacraments of Initiation.
• Lead formation team for evangelization and catechesis programs.
• Work with the evangelization and ministry team for ongoing formation and to recruit necessary volunteers (ie RCIA)
• Work with the Operations Director to establish and manage an annual evangelization and ministry budget.
• Attend General and Department staff meetings and serves as a member of the core staff.
• Complete duties as assigned by Pastor and/or Operations Director.
• Be a practicing Catholic with understanding and support for Catholic Church teaching, mission, and values.
• Ability to engage parishioners and non-parishioners in the process of evangelization and community building.
• Ability to foster an environment of inclusion and create a spirit of hospitality and welcome.
• Ability to direct the work of other staff and volunteers to drive key initiatives and programs.
• Ability to comfortably witness to one's own faith.
• Develop skills in leadership and management
• Strong commitment to collaboration and teamwork.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Capable of communicating and presenting using technology.
• Be proficient in MS Office 365 and G-Suit
• Continue formation education.
• Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Education and Experience:
• Degree in Pastoral Studies, Theology, Faith Formation or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
• Three or more years as part of a parish or school staff preferred.
Wilmette, IL 60091