ABOUT 5 STONES
5 Stones offers a career doing fulfilling work in a vibrant Catholic community of passionate professionals. Be a part of our growing, close-knit team in Sycamore, Illinois that is dedicated to putting our gifts and talents at the service of Our Lord by supporting Catholic apostolates with creative, technology, distribution, and support services.
We believe that what you do matters less than how you do it. Yes, we take great pride in supporting our clients as they do incredible work to build the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. It's such a blessing to be a small part of their mission.
And yet, the true heart of our apostolate is the community of our employees and their families. Our unique culture is built upon our mutual love of Jesus Christ and our shared life which integrates work, family life, friendship, and ministry. For this reason, the fruit of our efforts are not just the results that we drive for our clients, but the Christian community of love and encouragement that surrounds our team.
If you're looking for a new opportunity to fuse your Catholic faith with your career while joyfully sharing life with colleagues who really care about you... then read on.
Our Graphic Design team is one of three teams within the Creative Department (along with Marketing and Software Development). Our designers work collaboratively with their marketing and software colleagues to serve our Catholic clients by helping to make work that is good and true become winsomely beautiful. We do this by compellingly and consistently representing our clients' brands through a vast variety of communication pieces across the digital and print landscape.
We believe our best work is done when it flows out of a relationship. Our designers work to build trust, camaraderie, and communication with our clients because no one likes yelling up to an ivory tower or sifting through trite agency jargon. We love Catholic organizations and our designers live that out every day through a balance of expertise and humility.
Work collaboratively with clients, account managers, project managers, marketers, copywriters, and developers to create functional digital and print experiences that convince and convert.
Deliver consistent design work across a large spectrum of project types, including but not limited to the following:
• brand systems
• logo design
• website and app design
• digital advertising
• email campaigns
• product photography
• sales collateral
• product packaging
• direct mailing pieces
• social media assets
• and more
Execute occasional production design tasks, such as file preparation for print pieces or layout changes to printed products.
ATTRIBUTES OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
• An understanding that his or her identity is not found in work, but in the Father by whom he or she is fearfully and wonderfully made
• A bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communications is preferred but not necessary if an applicant has the necessary skill sets from professional experience
• An impressive portfolio showcasing stunning work across a variety of projects
• Proficiency with today's top design software
• Excellent communication skills allowing him or her to share design best practices and rationale clearly in a way that builds up the relationship with our clients
• Experience creating and/or working in brand systems, adhering to branding guidelines, and executing a brand across various mediums and projects
• Ability to balance quality, time, and budget to produce the best possible work on every project
• A passion for work that keeps him or her up-to-date with today's design, technology, entertainment, and culture
• Personal commitment to continuous improvement of technical skills, efficiency, quality, communication and collaboration skills, etc.
• An openness to give and receive constructive feedback to team members
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive salaries
• A one-of-a-kind work environment built by a close-knit team of colleagues you truly enjoy being around
• "On the clock" prayer and Mass times in our on-site Chapel where our Lord is present in the Holy Eucharist
• Premium healthcare and dental coverage
• Paid time off for Holy Days of Obligation and other feasts such as Holy Thursday and Good Friday, in addition to holidays and personal vacation time
• A generous 401(K) plan with employer matching
• Flex-spending account (tax-free funds to put towards out-of-pocket medical expenses)
We believe that the culture and community of 5 Stones are critically important to our mission of serving clients and helping our employees thrive in every aspect of their lives. For this reason, this position is on-site in Sycamore, Illinois (60 miles west of Chicago). Ideal candidates must be willing to relocate.
If you think you'd be a good fit, please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to [email protected]