Job Title - Program Coordinator - Buildings & Properties, Finance, Legal
Reports to- Shared Services Administrative Lead
Location- Diocese of Joliet, 16555 Weber Road, Crest Hill, Il 60403
Start a Great Career with a Great Purpose!
At the Blanchette Catholic Center, we serve, support, and collaborate with the clergy, religious, and lay leaders of our parishes, schools, and ministries to animate the mission of the Catholic Church through the Bishop's vision of Catechesis, Evangelization, and Faith into Action. We are recognized as a Diocese of choice!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Transcribe letters and memoranda from recordings or notes, and compose routine correspondence reviewing for proper punctuation and grammar
• Handle incoming calls, email, and mail for department
• Organize and maintain filling system so documents can be easily retrieved
• Keep record of all contractors and architects placed on the diocesan approved contractors list reviewing all necessary back-up materials
• Maintain record of all real estate owned by the Diocese of Joliet
• Maintain records on property which is non-exempt and forward tax bills to parishes that are responsible for non-exempt sites
• Maintain files of rental property, send out new leases when necessary and keep records of lease payment
• Maintain registrations on all diocesan vehicles
• Inform Insurance carrier when new property is acquired, and old property is sold or disposed of
• Organize contracts for review by director and signature by Bishop
• Keep record of all projects, leases, and property transactions
• Scan documents and maintain and file paper copies of signature documents
• Maintain project summary accounting sheet for every parish project over $40,000, reconcile monthly with finance department
• Record and process invoices from contractors, including assigning to appropriate parish accounts, for all projects in diocese over $40,000
• Inform Finance Office in advance when funds need to be transferred into construction accounts
• When required, prepare project reports to submit to the Bureau of Census
• Coordinate parish participation at the quarterly Buildings and Properties Commission meeting including securing materials from parishes and preparing presentation documents for the commission members
• Schedule meetings including necessary details such as room and presentation arrangements and refreshments
• Notify insurance company when a construction project is completed for addition to diocesan insurance plan
• Complete files for storage upon completion of project
• Maintain all plans and specifications submitted for building projects and ensure proper file storage
• Administer record management for all environmental issues within the diocese
• Record periodic surveillance reports and short-term worker sheets
• File asbestos reporting documents and monitor delinquent sites
• Solicit and record return of annual parental notification letters for schools with asbestos
• Arrange for periodic asbestos awareness classes, prepare, and forward certificates of attendance to participants
• Coordinate with AHERA Designated Peron Tri-Annual Inspections for schools with asbestos
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Must support the mission, philosophy, objectives and policies of the Catholic Church and the Diocese of Joliet
• Handle other duties as assigned
• Manage the BCC reception desk on a rotational basis with other administrative assistants and program coordinators
• High School diploma required; some college preferred
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Three - five years of administrative experience and high emphasis on competency with spreadsheets, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
• Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Experience in construction, real estate, insurance, bookkeeping, and office management a plus
• Experience in a law firm, accounting firm or corporate office a plus
• Excellent typing, fling, telephone, and writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook) and Adobe programs
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to operate office equipment, copiers, printers, and binding systems
• Notary public registration a plus
• This is a full-time benefited non-exempt position. Normal work schedule Monday through Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm and 8:00 am - 1:00 pm Friday. Additional time as necessary
• General office conditions
PHYSICAL ABILITIES THAT ARE COMMONLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB
• The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Physically able to perform the duties as assigned including the ability to lift to 20-30 pounds if needed.
• Ability to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time.
• Occasional evening and weekend work, flexibility to adjust to other department/business needs.