The school office assistant is a full-time, year-round position responsible for a range of administrative tasks that will support the effective and efficient operations of the school office and development activities. The school office assistant is also the first point of contact for families, prospective students, vendors, and visitors on the phone and on the school campus.
The essential duties of this role are to:
• Answer incoming phone calls and distribute voicemails left on the general mailbox or program voicemail. Assist with answering basic questions about school activities.
• Greet incoming visitors.
• Assist students at the school office.
• Assist with school operations that are run out of the office: e.g., uniform rentals, minor first aid, lost and found, the Saints Brigade club, and attendance.
• Support the development staff by making phone calls to vendors, venues, donors, and volunteers, as well as clerical work including making calendar appointments and writing correspondence
• Assist with clerical work which may include printing projects, executing mailings, data entry, calendar updates, and office organization
• Assist with volunteer coordination
• Coffee room organization and stocking
Other duties that support the efficient operations of the school and its development activities will be assigned around key events of the year including the gala, admissions open houses, summer activities, preparation for the new school year, etc.
• A positive, resourceful, humble, and collegial temperament.
• Self-starter and willing to see a need and get it done (with permission)
• Willingness to stay abreast of and participate in school activities and events.
• Strong organizational, time management, and communications skills.
• Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality in the conduct of business.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (especially Outlook, Excel, and Word).
• Proficiency in or ability to learn software such as Signup Genius, Perfect Potluck, Smartsheet, Rediker, WayWeDo (SOP software), and other platforms.
To apply for this position, please use the employment application form link provided on this webpage: https://chestertonacademyoftheholyfamily.com/careers