The Liturgy Coordinator helps to facilitate the parish's worship life by focusing on liturgical ministries and preparations for Mass. In this critical role, the Liturgy Coordinator ensures that the resources for beautiful, reverent liturgical celebrations are available. Through collaboration with clergy and staff, this individual will provide essential support in all liturgical functions at this mid-size suburban parish.
• Prepares the universal prayer and binders for Sunday Mass;
• Assists with unique seasonal preparations (Christmas, Lent, Holy Week, etc);
• Prepares special liturgical events;
• Funerals: Meets with families, plans liturgy and offers instruction, prepares scripture texts, assists as needed;
• Weddings: Prepares the planner for the ceremony; collaborates with parish wedding coordinator and music director;
• Arranges yearly formation sessions/training of new ministers;
• Attends to the scheduling of Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, and altar servers;
• Orders items for Mass and the upkeep of the sacristies; coordinates the cleaning of altar linens and vestments;
• Assists staff in the coordination of sacraments of initiation for both children and adults;
• Maintains a work process binder for job-related tasks;
• Other tasks as assigned.
Traits of a strong candidate:
• A practicing Catholic committed to following Jesus and faithful to the Magisterium of the Church in both word and deed;
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Intermediate computer knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Previous parish experience in liturgy and knowledge of Church documents concerning the liturgy is desired but not required.
• Strong verbal and written communications, interpersonal, multi-tasking, and organizational skills;
• Being anticipatory and taking initiative a must;
• Can be entrusted with confidential information.