Job Title - Director of Adult Catechesis and Evangelization
Hours - Full time, benefited
Parish - Saints Peter and Paul, 36 N. Ellsworth St., Naperville, IL 60540
Start a Great Career with a Great Purpose!
Saints Peter and Paul was founded in 1846 and is the oldest established Parish in DuPage County; the Parish serves over 4000 families today. We are a community of believers rooted in Jesus Christ, united in the mission of helping all grow in holiness. Through reliance on the Holy Spirit we share the truth of the Gospel and encourage encounter with the person of Jesus.
Our Parish is seeking a Director of Adult Catechesis and Evangelization; we desire a person of prayer with leadership skills and a heart and passion for Catholic evangelization.
In this role, you will...
• Develop and implement activities and programs designed to enrich the faith life of adults in the Parish.
• Coordinate adult faith formation opportunities at the Parish - Bible studies, book club, retreats, and speaker events including the Parish Mission and Advent by Candlelight.
• Direct the RCIA process for candidates and catechumens.
• Design and facilitate programs to catechize adults for Sacraments (Baptism Prep, PreCana, Adult Confirmation).
• Direct the New Evangelization Commission and efforts associated with New Evangelization, including speaker events, the Ministry Fair, and new parishioner orientation.
• Coordinate and promote evangelization outreach and activities for young adults in the Parish.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.A. in theology, catechetics, Catholic studies, pastoral ministry or equivalent required.
• Possess proven skills in religious formation, program administration and interaction with others; strong written and oral communication.
• Open to a flexible schedule, which includes working occasional evenings and weekends.
• Since this is a ministerial position, candidates must be practicing Catholics in good standing, and must know, process, and act consistently with the doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church, and with the mission, philosophy, objectives and policies of the Diocese of Joliet.
If interested in the opportunity, please send a resume to Fr. Brad Baker at [email protected]