Do you feel a call to help protect the most innocent and vulnerable in our society? Are you ready to respond to the call that has been placed upon your heart and formalize your stance against abortion in the community? Do you agree that abortion hurts not just babies but their mothers as well? Have you been considering making a move to a ministry that makes a difference in the lives of those we serve? Are you ready to work with a team of others who share these same concerns and goals and want to contribute in a meaningful way to help rebuild a culture of life? If this is you, please send your resume and cover letter with a brief pro-life statement to hiring manager at [email protected]
General Job Responsibilities: Responsibilities include assisting clients as they retrieve in-kind donations (clothes, diapers, strollers, car seats, etc.) and ensuring that their experience is positive, making sure the furniture and sort rooms and Family Room are organized and tidy and that donations are accurately tracked and acknowledged.
- High school diploma or GED
- Prepared to work a full-time, 8:45am-4:45pm schedule
- Must be willing to drive to our Evergreen Park office one day a week
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be comfortable with computer and phone use and a willingness to learn how to use our database
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Exceptional organization skills
- A commitment to discretion and confidentiality
- Dedicated to keeping all information HIPPA compliant
• Make sure the Family Room is organized and ready to receive clients
• Manage inventory.
• Accept donations on Tuesdays and Thursdays
• Answer administration phones on Tuesdays and Thursdays in order to accept donations.
• Schedule donations on as need basis for other days.
• Sort through donations and separate what our clients can use from items that need to be recycled or donated to other organizations
• Hang or shelve donations into their designated areas.
• Coordinate volunteers needed for Family Rooms with volunteer coordinator.
• Assist donors with their donations and collect donation information from reception.
• Enter donations into Abila database with complete information.
• Coordinate thank you letters with development assistant.
• Keep an up-to-date inventory of what is needed and what is accepted to provide to client advocates, and to post to the proper places.
• Liaison with parishes for Baby Showers.
• Coordinate other items needed for our clients from our Des Plaines and Evergreen Park offices.
• Provide support to our clients in Evergreen Park and at our Resource Room in Calumet City.
- Medical, Dental and Life
- Generous Maternity Leave
- Lunch time paid for
- On-site chapel with mass and adoration