The ideal candidate provides clients who are pregnant or think they may be pregnant with information and guidance to enable them to continue their pregnancy and formulate a parenting or adoption plan. The purpose of this position must always be consistent with the Mission Statement of The Women's Centers.
- A sincere passion and nonjudgmental attitude for women at risk of choosing abortion
- Possess the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
- Dynamic and proactive
- Compassionate, friendly and service minded
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively assess issues and problem solve
- Comfortable with using computers and a willingness to learn use of our database
- Excellent organization skills
- Spanish and/or Polish speaking preferred but not required
- Must be willing to work full time (32-40 hours), including Saturdays (in place of a week day)
- Must be willing to attend our organization's events
- High School diploma or GED
- Spanish and/or Polish preferred but not required
Detailed Core Responsibilities:
1. Uses effective telephone techniques to make counseling appointments and to maximize likelihood that the appointments will be kept.
2. Assists Medical Director/Ultrasound Technicians as witness whenever needed.
3. Conducts intake interview with client to provide appropriate advocacy. Selects appropriate media presentation, literature and other visual aids to share with the client regarding her pregnancy.
4. Provides crisis advocacy by establishing rapport with the client, assessing her issues and resources, identifying and exploring viable options, and assisting client in formulating a plan of action. Client is given general information in the areas of fetal development, abortion procedures and risks (if needed) and screens clients for ultrasound services.
5. Assists client in implementing her plan, utilizing the resources of the The Women's Center and outside agencies. Assesses, approves and completes requests for Family Room Services and Furniture needs by utilizing client matrix system. Is responsible for follow up phone calls and support for client in a timely fashion.
6. Follows all counseling related office policies and procedures. Each CA (client advocate) is responsible for implementing changes to policy that they are made aware of. Accurately reports daily statistics. Maintains accurate client records, documenting each client contact. Retrieves messages from voice mail and email throughout the day. Is present during scheduled hours and ready to perform this position's duties. Dresses in a professional manner, following guidelines for business casual attire, at minimum. Assists in maintaining professional decorum in the office. Maintains an organized work space. Secures appropriate release forms, as needed.
7. Adheres to all confidentiality requirements.
8. Exhibits positive teamwork mentality with peers and supervisors. Strives for charitable and cooperative contact with staff at all times. Seeks productive resolution where conflict occurs as laid out in employee manual.
9. Works with volunteers, providing appropriate guidance. Includes volunteers in all appropriate office activities, to the extent the volunteer is willing and able to participate. Helps volunteer s to feel part of the team.
10. Keeps abreast of resources available to help a pregnant woman in need. Participates in scheduled staff meetings. Engages in on going in-service training, utilizing in house and off site seminars to strengthen job skills and stay in touch with current information and techniques.
11. Participates in agency public relations efforts as requested.
12. Must be willing and able to adjust to new and updated technology and tools provided for client support process.
13. Assists "front desk" Personnel. Answering phones and directing new clients when they appear for their appointment- in take procedure.
14. Completes other duties as assigned.
- Medical, Dental and Life
- Generous Maternity Leave
- Lunch time paid for
- On-site chapel with mass and adoration