Staff Job Description
Job Title: Charitable Giving Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Director of Charitable Giving
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Assist the Office of Charitable Giving and the Catholic Foundation with development of stewardship and charitable giving initiatives. Assist with the necessary functions of the Office of Charitable Giving. Assist in the maintenance of the donor database. Work with donors and parishes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist and support the Office of Charitable Giving Director with stewardship and appeal initiatives, programs, direct mail and in-person events as directed.
• Assist Office of Charitable Giving Director with maintaining the Diocese of Rockford donor database, including making changes to census records, reviewing the integrity of the databases, and developing and analyzing custom database census and donation reports.
• Review month-end census report for parishes, develop and conduct specialty census reviews.
• Assist Office of Charitable Giving Director with all appeal mailings to parishes (National, International, Mission, and the annual Diocesan Appeal).
• Support the function of the Catholic Foundation as requested.
• Respond to questions from donors and parish bookkeepers as they arise.
• Assist Charitable Giving Gift Processing Assistant as needed with data entry, online giving imports, and the weekly deposit and monthly reconciliation process.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associate Degree in business, administrative assistance, public relations, or its equivalent in work experience required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and with multiple departments.
• Demonstrated ability to balance creative and analytical tasks.
• Proficiency with a 10-key calculator and Microsoft Office products, including Word, Outlook, and Excel, required.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and communicate effectively.
• Familiarity with ParishSoft, GiveCentral, and QuickBooks, a plus.
Directive: The person holding this position should be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
All offers of employment are conditional pending background and reference checks and approval to hire. Applicants may send cover letter and resume to Claudia Broman at [email protected]