The Executive Director embraces the mission of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Academy-Chesterton Network School (a pre-K-12 classical school in the Catholic tradition) and the broader vision of launching a new era of education based on this model. The Executive Director must possess strong leadership skills that inspire excellence and cooperation from all constituent groups and demonstrate (1) positive convictions about this unique integrated, classical curriculum and dedication to building a culture of life, (2) comprehensive working knowledge of school finance, operations, and budgeting, (3) the ability to promote a strong institutional
advancement (fundraising) program, and (4) a commitment to continuing and enhancing strategic planning.
Familiarity with public relations and communications and the supervision of facilities will be valuable assets. The Executive Director must be a practicing Roman Catholic, possess the minimum of a Master's Degree in Administration or related field, and demonstrate a commitment to Catholic elementary and secondary education. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Board of Directors appoints the Executive Director of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Academy-Chesterton Network School. A collaborative relationship between the Executive Director and Headmaster is a requirement. The responsibilities of the Executive Director include: (1) daily operations; (2) advancement and fundraising; (2) finances and budgeting; (3) Board of Directors activities and long-range planning.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
1. Lead institutional advancement and fund-raising activities to meet and exceed fundraising goals.
2. Daily operations including wide range of school administration including finance, human resources, facilities management, public relations.
3. Maintain/establish and implement, in collaboration with the Headmaster, faculty and staff, policies and programs designed to integrate the philosophy and mission of the school founders.
4. Implement policies and directives of the Board of Directors.
5. Oversee and facilitate long-range planning.
6. Provide input and direction for the Board of Directors and plan and implement Board formation strategies.
7. Maintain/establish and implement financial procedures that provide information to the Board and stability to Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Academy-CNS.
8. Provide public relations activities that maintain positive communication with key constituents.
The Executive Director maintains the following working relationships:
• The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors.
• The Executive Director maintains a consultative, collaborative relationship with the Headmaster.
• The Executive Director maintains a supervisory relationship with selected staff.
Masters in Administration or related field
Previous experience in administration; elementary and secondary school administrative experience preferred; familiarity with the mission of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Academy-CNS and the teachings of the Catholic Church; and working knowledge of institutional advancement
Certification: Not required
About the Employer
We strive to form saints and leaders rooted in the immutable truths of the Catholic faith, appreciative of their Western heritage and religious traditions, and inspired to bear witness to others of the hope that is within them. We challenge each student to pursue perfection in holiness and excellence in academics as we strive to rebuild the culture through truth, faith, and service.