The Hispanic Ministry at CTK serves approximately 300 families through religious education for children, teens and adults, men's & women's study groups, sacramental prep, workshops and classes. The Associate Director of Hispanic Faith Formation is a fulltime (40 hours/week) that reports to the Hispanic Priest and Director of Religious Education and oversees the education and pastoral programs.
- Strategic planning for Hispanic Faith Formation in cooperation with Hispanic Clergy and Pastor.
- Oversee Religious Education Classes (PSR) for children within the community including, but not limited to, ordering books & materials, recruiting and training of Catechists, and creating and tracking registrations.
- Coordinate with Anglo Community PSR to ensure coordination in the use/sharing of spaces. Ensuring spaces are returned to the condition they were found at the conclusion of programming and all resource/materials are returned/stored/secured in storage allotted.
- Oversee RCIA classes for older children (up to and including the sacraments of baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation).
- Oversee Sacrament Formation for children receiving sacraments for the first time (Reconciliation and Eucharist); Plan and deliver Sacramental Prep retreats, request priest support for sacramental celebrations (including stipend payment), organize and deliver parent meetings, rehearsals and celebrations.
- Baptismal classes - Oversee regular classes including, but not limited to, recruiting lay leaders to deliver the class, providing resources for lay leaders, and forming lay leaders to deliver class.
- Coordinate Vacation Bible School for community.
- Oversee Marriage Prep (sponsor couples) in coordination with HM Priest.
- Offer Training and certification workshops in coordination with the lay volunteers for ministers of the liturgy (Lectors, EMHC, Ushers, altar servers) for Hispanic masses at CTK.
- Track individual program participation (electronically/paper) and coordinate with HM administrative assistant to ensure that participation is reflected in Parish database (Raiser's Edge). Maintain electronic and paper student records/files of program participants for select programs in accordance with Cathedral/ Archdiocese guidelines
- Contribute to the annual budgeting process; evaluate programming and prepare budgets to support programs, oversee ongoing expenses to ensure they fall within approved budgets, and approve ongoing expenses in support of the budget/programs for all of HM department.
- Work collaboratively with the CTK Faith Formation team on communications, planning and scheduling of space.
- Establish annual calendars for the program year, and leverage Parish tools to reserve spaces (eSpace) needed to support programming
- Attend staff meetings and support Hispanic office as needed.
- Coordinate with Young Church to ensure proper communication to HM parents within their programs (High School Ministry, Middle School Ministry, and Confirmation.) This includes attending parent meetings, communicating to parents on upcoming events, etc.
- Work with HM administrative assistant and Parish Coordinator to ensure volunteers are in compliance with Archdiocese Safe Environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church and fully committed to Catholic moral teachings and tradition.
- Theological Studies to be mutually agreed upon with the Hispanic Priest and may include a combination of in person and online studies.
- Spanish and English speaker - fluent in both.
- Strong knowledge of Hispanic culture.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, email platform (flocknote) and database management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.