Manages all people functions of the movement in accordance with the policies of Life Teen and applicable laws. Focuses on the development and maintenance of Human Resources practices, compliance, and employee relations.
Essential Ministry Functions / Responsibilities:
- Oversee Human Resources Department that focuses on caring for the Life Teen staff while efficiently ensuring compliance with laws and internal policies. - Responsible for managing and overseeing all payroll-related functions within the organization. This includes processing payroll, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations, maintaining accurate records, addressing payroll- related inquiries and ensuring the accurate and timely issuance of pay to all employees while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Supervise safe environment practices for the organization:
a. Work with Camps, Events, and other teams to annually review and update policies and trainings as needed;
b. Audit correct application of policies, ensuring accurate documentation of background check and safe environment certifications are maintained.
- Work with Employee Benefits Broker and President to annually re-evaluate benefits with the goal to continue offering generous, yet cost-effective benefits plans.
- Work with Life Teen Leadership in applying consistent and effective recruiting and hiring strategies.
- Oversee and clarify procedures for effective performance management and disciplinary action procedures.
- Respond to employee relation issues.
- Assist the organization with overall risk/safety management as needed.
- Participate in weekly staff holy hour, office Masses, and staff retreat.
Direct Reports to this Position: Life Teen Human Resources Assistant
Success Factors and Qualifications
Proficiency in working on a computer and learning new systems.
Knowledge of HR best practice policies, procedures and compliance.
Knowledge of the Catholic faith and Church teaching.
Organized and detail-oriented with a heart for taking care of others.
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed sense of workflow, time management and prioritization of projects.
Ability to identify gaps in processes and bring about solutions to improve efficiencies.
Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
Previous HR experience, Bachelor's degree, and/or HR certification(s) preferred.
Atlanta, GA 30328