As a team member you'll commit to continually grow in your own personal relationship with Jesus; we cannot give what we do not have. This includes building a healthy ministry-life balance. You will be empowered to help us move forward with the Family Faith Strategic Plan which means the freedom to try new ideas, the flexibility to be creative with the support of fellow staff and a team leader who desires to see you be successful.
Success in this, and all roles at St. Peter Chanel must be Holy Spirit lead. The Reconciliation and Eucharist Coordinator will be member of our Family Faith Team as well as the whole staff team of St. Peter Chanel and therefore must thrive in a collaborative team environment yet be comfortable with leadership and teaching roles. The ultimate goal is to help families develop a lifelong devotion to sacramental life, especially to the graces of Reconciliation and Eucharist rather than simply celebrating a first milestone.
Main Areas of Focus
• Creatively develop a formation process that upholds the sacredness of these sacraments but is flexible enough to meet parents where they are in their faith journey and move them toward a deeper relationship with Christ.
• Foster a culture that reveres these sacraments and encourages discernment and formation while respecting the difficulties parents face raising children today.
• Utilize these special milestones to develop personal relationships with families, making them feel seen, heard and understood. Intentionally guide them toward the next step in their family faith journey.
• Spark and build relationships with parishioners who are called to serve their community through their love of the sacraments of Reconciliation & Eucharist.
• Continually grow in understanding of family-focused faith formation pertaining to sacramental preparation, becoming an expert for our staff and community.
• Work with administrative support to ensure proper sacramental record keeping.
• Collaborate with and provide additional support as needed/when appropriate to the larger staff and Family Faith team.
Required Experience and Gifts
• Lives an active, Catholic life in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church.
• Loves the Eucharist, families and children.
• Proven experience empowering a healthy team (volunteers or staff) to success.
• Effectively demonstrates what it means to work with children and parents in a parish/educational setting.
• Ability to actively listen to parents and provide pastoral support in the discernment of sacramental readiness and preparation.
• Ability to adapt, learn, try new things, and provide consultation to clergy and pastor's leadership team.
• Able to accommodate flexibility in scheduling. Hours will vary depending on the season. Weekends and evenings are required as necessary for family schedules
If you discern that God is calling you to carry out ministry in this environment, we ask that you submit your resume and cover letter to Shannon Civetta at [email protected].
Roswell, GA 30075