As a team member you'll commit to continually grow in your own personal relationship with Jesus; we cannot give what we do not have. This includes building a healthy ministry-life balance. You will be empowered to help us move forward with our Family Faith Strategic Plan which means the freedom to try new ideas, the flexibility to be creative with the support of fellow staff and a team leader who desires to see you be successful.
Success in this, and all roles at St. Peter Chanel must be Holy Spirit led. The Family Faith Coordinator will be member of our Family Faith Team as well as the whole staff team of St. Peter Chanel and therefore must thrive in a collaborative team environment yet be comfortable with leadership and teaching roles. The ultimate goal is to assist families in fulfilling their Baptismal promise to raise children of God with a strong Catholic identity, value and purpose.
Main Areas of Focus
• Manage and administer the current Family Faith Formation program. Organize and support a volunteer team to host monthly gatherings for K-5 children and parents.
• Oversee a team of volunteers for specific parish wide Family Faith events including Vacation Bible School.
• Contribute to continued creative development of a family formation strategy that instills a true understanding of the domestic church and the family's role in the development of a child's discipleship and identity in the Lord.
• Foster a culture that respects the difficulties parents face raising children today while challenging them to keep Christ at the center of their family.
• Collaborate with and provide additional support as needed/when appropriate to the Family Faith team and the St. Peter Chanel team at large.
Required Experience and Gifts
• Lives an active, Catholic life in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church.
• Understands the value and necessity of family-based faith formation. Effectively demonstrates what it means to work with children and parents in a parish/educational setting.
• Demonstrated project management capabilities.
• Proven experience empowering a healthy team (volunteers or staff) to success.
• Ability to actively listen to parents and provide pastoral support in the discernment of their faith journey.
• Ability to adapt, learn, try new things, and provide consultation to the pastor's leadership team.
• Able to accommodate flexibility in scheduling. Hours will vary depending on the season. Weekends and evenings are required as necessary for family schedules.
If you discern that God is calling you to carry out ministry in this environment, we ask that you submit your resume and cover letter to Shannon Civetta at [email protected].
Roswell, GA 30075