Director of Fellowship and Life
The Director of Fellowship and Life will be responsible for cultivating a culture of discipleship and family life throughout the Diocese of Savannah. The Director of Fellowship and Life will serve parish and school leaders in ministries that support individuals within the continuum of life. The Director of Pastoral Ministry will work as a member of the team composed of other Directors in the Office of Evangelization and Discipleship.
Reports to: Executive Director of Evangelization and Discipleship
• Practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church.
• Holds a deep knowledge and understanding of the Roman Catholic teachings, structure, traditions, etc.
• Possesses a steadfast fidelity to upholding and sharing such beliefs and morals.
• Cultivates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and commitment to personal spiritual growth.
• Earned a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in theology, catechetics, religious education or related field.
• Obtained two-to-five years of experience in parish, school, diocesan, or ministry-related field.
• Exhibits a willingness to function in a group model.
• Holds a valid driver's license and is able to drive and qualify under the diocesan insurance carrier when operating a district vehicle (some travel required).
• Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates understanding and consideration of a multicultural church; proficiency in Spanish language is a plus.
EVANGELIZATION AND DISCIPLESHIP
• Acts as a member of the Team of Directors within the Office of Evangelization and Discipleship to further the mission of evangelization within the Diocese of Savannah.
• Assists in developing a discipleship model to promote evangelization in parishes and schools
o Meets regularly with Directors in the Office to assess parishes and schools and to create a plan for future discipleship.
• Promotes an understanding of missionary discipleship around the diocese, inviting individuals into a deeper relationship with Christ and a fuller understanding of their own call to discipleship.
o Communicates regularly with assigned parish and school personnel to further the mission of evangelization and discipleship.
o Offers trainings, workshops, and resources to parish and school volunteers and staff in the missionary discipleship model.
• Develops and maintains relationships with designated parish and school leaders through regular communication and visits with the intention of accompanying them through the missionary discipleship model and modeling for them how to do the same for their constituents.
• Collaborates with other members of the Office of Evangelization and Discipleship to serve the immediate and long-term needs of parishes and schools.
o Assess parish/school needs and work as a team to create individualized advancement plans.
• Provides individualized consultative services to parishes and schools.
o Assesses needs and desires of parish/school in regards to Fellowship and Life ministries.
o Points parishes and schools to other resources within the Discipleship Team.
o Follows up with parish and school personnel.
• Advocates for and oversees ministry within the following areas:
o Marriage Formation
o Marriage Enrichment
o Family Ministry and Formation
o Homeschool Ministry
o Respect Life
o Human Sexuality
o Divorced and Separated Ministry
o Bereavement Ministry and Grief Support
• Collaborates with leaders in other CPC Offices.
• Researches, shares and maintains records of current resources pertaining to specific ministries.
• Identifies and analyzes the needs of couples, families, and individuals in the diocese.
• Creates and oversees implementation of a diocesan vision for specific ministries as needed.
• Oversees the following coordinators:
o Respect Life Coordinator
o Pro-Life Deanery Coordinators
o Rachel's Vineyard Coordinators
o Others as established
• Attends ministry-related meetings, conferences and webinars.
• Maintains a strong working relationship with parish and school leaders in specific ministries.
• Encourages strengthening and growth in specific ministries within the parish and school settings and is able to advise and create a vision for how the Office of Evangelization and Discipleship can best serve each ministry.
• Collaborates with other Directors in the Office of Evangelization and Discipleship to create a culture of life and sanctity of marriage.
To make application send a resume, references and salary history to: [email protected]
Savannah, GA 31404