The Legion of Christ, a community of Catholic priests and part of the Regnum Christi ecclesial movement, is pleased to invite applicants for the position of Direct Mail Program Director.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and working closely with the Chief of Staff (COS), the Director will oversee all aspects of the Direct Mail program including online solicitations. He/she will lead, execute, and manage the direct response plan in support of the Legionaries of Christ and the growth of donors including the pursuit of new donors willing to support the mission.
He/she will oversee project scheduling, tracking and quality assurance; content creation and editing; provide art direction, contribute new ideas, and route material between internal key stakeholders and external vendors.
The Director is an integral member of the Executive Team.
Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience with direct mail content, acquisition and renewal programs, and production is a must.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
Project Management & Content Creation:
• Direct and maintain Direct Response production schedule and project management scheduling templates.
• Oversee the direct response internal processes, ensuring accurate execution of annual, monthly, and weekly direct mail projects, communicating with content, creative, data, production teams and our partner agencies.
• Work with internal stakeholders as well as external vendors to create and edit content for direct mail projects (print and online) to optimize controls and develop new package tests - and obtain all program approvals.
• Assist with content creation and review across other channels, including but not limited to email, ensuring messaging consistency.
• Review and provide feedback for multiple rounds of art and proofs both internally and from partner agencies, ensuring brand standards.
• Provide creative direction to designers for each mail project created in-house both for acquisition and renewal mailings.
• Conduct regular data analysis to ensure discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship goals are met.
• Create donor reports.
• Report on conversion metrics from direct and email marketing efforts.
• Adjust program as necessary.
• Experience in CRMs (Salesforce a plus).
Team Collaboration and Communication:
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Collaborate with the CDO and COS to create and implement a comprehensive annual fundraising plan to achieve budgeted goals and strategies.
• Promote and support a strong development culture of harmony and professionalism, commitment to mission.
• Attend and participate in bi-annual team meetings and monthly executive team meetings.
• Work with team to identify leads for stories or to leverage stories and assets being used across channels to help compel supporters to donate or engage with the organization.
• Contribute ideas to testing discussions and thematic planning during executive team meetings, as well as throughout the year.
• Collaborate and work with the broader development team in ways that support the Legion of Christ's core values of communion, collaboration, trust, accountability and subsidiarity.
• Work closely with the Senior Director of Development and the Director of Planned Giving.
• Work closely with outside vendors and consultants with long established relationships.
• This remote-based position (which requires approximately 15% travel) is open to all candidates based within the United States.
Desired Leadership and Experience Competencies
• Executive level experience with leadership and administration of nonprofit organizations.
• Familiarity with Catholic doctrine and practice is a bona fide qualification for this position.
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive Director level salary, $85k to $115k commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Interested qualified individuals should apply at:
Application must include a meaningful Cover Letter and Resume.