Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Director of Financial Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary/Overview of Responsibilities:
The Staff Accountant will provide full accounting services to a select group of schools and support all schools in establishing consistent business practices, implementing new accounting-related software, and reporting results of operations on a timely basis. This position will also assist with annual external audits as needed.
• Perform all accounting functions for two CENGI elementary schools
• Provide accounting support to other school Business Managers as needed
• Ensure that monthly school financial statements are completed on a timely basis
• Support school Business Managers with transition to new software or to enhanced features in existing software (ParishSoft Accounting, FACTS Tuition Management, Bill.com)
• Ensure that school Business Managers are using existing systems according to requirements as established by the Finance Department
• Review monthly financial statements for CENGI schools, identify any significant budget variances and resolve with Business Manager and/or school Principal
• Provide training to new school Business Managers
• Monitor Accounts Receivable through FACTS and notify school Business Managers and/or Principal as needed.
• All other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Services
Minimum Education, and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Two to three years of accounting experience with budgeting and financial analysis experience
• Previous school accounting or Not-for-Profit accounting experience is a plus
• Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Knowledge of ParishSoft Accounting, ParishSoft Family Suite, Bill.com and Smartsheet a plus
• Excellent organizational, customer service, and communications skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work well in a project team setting
• Ability to maintain confidentiality a must
• Must have the ability to:
o Perform sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing for long periods
o Repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers (data entry, typing, etc.)
• The work week is generally 40 hours per week on a year round basis; however the position requires a willingness and flexibility in work hours when necessary to fulfill job responsibilities. Employee is subject to Personnel Policies and procedures prescribed for all personnel.
• The above statements are intended to generally describe the work being performed by individuals holding this position. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the responsibilities, tasks, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require other tasks be performed when circumstances arise (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, rush job, technological developments, etc.) Based on established department or facility standards, employee may not perform all of the duties listed in this job description.
• The Archdiocese of Atlanta does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, military status or religion (except for certain positions which require applicants of the Catholic faith based upon bona fide occupational qualifications).