St. Marguerite d'Youville Catholic Church has an opening for a part-time Music Director/ Organist/ Pianist.
This position will average 15 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Functions:
• Responsible for all liturgical music including choral direction as accompanist, cantor, and/or director.
• Must be available for 5:30 PM vigil Mass on Saturday, 8:30 AM and 11:00 AM Mass on Sunday
• Develop and train choral and instrumental assembles, cantors, and accompanies, to lead and support the liturgical music required for all worship.
• Participate in and plan sacramental celebrations and other liturgies with the parish staff, leaders, and volunteers, including for religious education, RCIA, and youth ministry.
• Coordinate and schedule musicians, cantors, and accompanists, for all liturgies including Advent and Christmas, Holy Week, penance, and other liturgical services as needed, including weddings and funerals as requested.
• Use appropriate ministerial, pastoral, and liturgical judgment for music selection.
• Conduct at least once a week rehearsal for about two hours.
• Attend parish liturgy meetings that concern the music ministry with other music leaders.
• Actively recruit and retain singers and musicians.
• Prepare for great feasts and seasons of the Church, Sundays of Ordinary Time, sacraments, and celebrations with children.
• Scheduling of music ministers with timely distribution of all schedules so that musicians have adequate rehearsal time.
• Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Music or equivalent.
• The candidate must have a good knowledge of Catholic liturgy, have excellent sight-reading skills, and experience directing a choir.
• Previous employment as part or full-time Director of Music Ministries preferred; experience as a part-time or volunteer musician considered.
• Solid knowledge of the Catholic faith and liturgy is a must.
• Ability to empower the people to sing and engage the parish in the musical celebration of faith at worship.
• Knowledge of keyboard techniques, liturgical service-playing techniques, group vocal techniques, and choral conducting.
• Above all passion and love for Church music!
Please send your resume to [email protected]