Job Title: Engagement Coordinator
Support by: Director of Mission
What it means to be a team member at St. Peter Chanel:
St. Peter Chanel exists to see people fully alive, rooted in Jesus Christ, reflecting His love and mercy. Therefore our mission is to Invite, Encounter, Equip, and Send. We hold highly the values of joyfulness, humility, possessing a servant's heart, active listening, compassion, and empowerment.
Being a team member at St. Peter Chanel means that you love and embrace your identity as a child of God, are captivated by the vision of our parish, and personally motivated by the mission. It means being willing to reflect your love of Jesus to everyone you encounter, work with, and serve.
Our staff team supports our pastor by utilizing a parish leadership team that supports and serves the greater staff team. As a team member you'll commit to continually grow in your own personal relationship with Jesus; we cannot give what we do not have. This includes building a healthy ministry-life balance.
As you continually grow your understanding of and live out our parish vision and mission, you'll be empowered to help us move forward through what you are entrusted with. That means the freedom to try new ideas, the flexibility to be creative with the support of fellow staff and a team leader who desires to see you be successful.
We want our team members to experience these things personally so that they can in turn empower volunteers who live out their spiritual gifts as we set out on our mission in a collaborative way. When it comes to serving the people of God at St. Peter Chanel we promote the mindset of what we want for people rather than from people.
What Success Looks Like:
The Engagement Coordinator is the team member who leads and supports a team of volunteers, who in turn serve the parish, providing strategic opportunities for people to grow deeper in their engagement and experience of authentic community. These offerings could be social, formative, a mix of both - for various demographics (families, couples, adults, etc.) - directly tied to our vision and mission. It will require collaboration with staff and volunteers.
Trained and empowered by the parish, the Engagement Coordinator will continually build and form a healthy team of volunteers who joyfully provide valuable opportunities for people inside and outside the walls of our parish.
This Community Engagement Coordinator will be a high-performing member of the staff team.
Main Areas of Focus :
• Assist our clergy and staff in carrying out our parish mission.
•Spark and build relationships with Parishioners who are called to serve their community
•Identify opportunities for events that can compliment the liturgical life of the church
• Builds and supports a volunteer team providing parish-wide or targeted purpose-driven events.
• Establishes parish-wide small group model for parishioners to grow in their personal relationship with Jesus and their call to discipleship.
• Identifies existing parish events and looks for opportunities to enhance or integrate with the bigger picture and vision of the parish, known as "on-ramps."
• Continually grows in understanding of parish engagement, becoming an expert for our staff and community.
• Build relationships with local community leaders.
• Provide additional support, when needed/possible to the rest of the department team.
The person who assumes this position should have the following:
• Lives an active, Catholic life in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church.
• Loves making people feel welcomed and part of a bigger community.
• Gets satisfaction and energy serving and supporting a volunteer team to success.
• Has a flexible approach to working in an energetic, fast paced environment.
• Experience in planning strategic events to achieve specific goals.
• Experience with managing and building small groups and training leaders.
• Understands the differences between evangelization and discipleship.
• Ability to actively listen and discern ideas and opportunities that are the best fit for our mission and vision.
• Ability to adapt, learn, try new things, and provide consultation to clergy, pastor's leadership team.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]