St Rita Catholic Preschool Mission Statement
As a ministry of St Rita Catholic Church, it is the mission of St Rita Catholic Preschool to educate our children in a safe and loving environment while providing opportunities for them to encounter Christ, share His love and become well formed disciples.
Summary of the Job
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the assigned classroom, including weekly curriculum plans, communication with parents, attendance tracking and cleanliness. Leads the instruction of children in daily activities designed to promote faith based social, physical and intellectual growth in a loving environment. Works with the classroom's assistant teacher to ensure expected outcomes are met as a team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Understand, support and actively implement the Mission of St Rita Parish and Preschool
- Strive to model one's own life after the fundamental teachings of - Jesus Christ and must respect the beliefs of the Catholic faith
- Focus on making all aspects of the assigned classroom amazing from the day to day operations to continuous improvements and future planning.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance
- Maintain a positive outlook and approach to problem solving
- Attention to detail of classroom and communication is paramount
- Follow the St Rita Preschool handbook, policies, and procedures to ensure a loving and safe environment is maintained for the children at all times.
- Ensure that required classroom documentation is present in the assigned classroom at all times or with the group if they travel out of the classroom
- Create an environment in which students are immersed in a Catholic culture
- Clean and disinfect classrooms routinely throughout the day and after students leave
- Instructs children in practices of personal cleanliness, self-care, and practical life: helps children develop habits of caring for their own clothing, picking up and putting away items such as toys and books.
- Alternates periods of strenuous activity with periods of rest or light activity to avoid fatigue.
- Uses the Brightwheel platform to communicate regularly with parents, post daily activities, pictures or videos, incident reports, and monitor each child's progress
- Models family style meals and assists with refreshments for children.
- Communicate to the director any classroom needs such as supplies and equipment.
- Assist in all areas of operations at the Preschool and Parish as needed or requested by the preschool Director, Parish Administrator or Pastor
- Lead or assist with Parish and Preschool events as requested
- Attend combined Preschool/Parish events and programs such as the annual Halloween, Christmas and Easter festivities.
- Ability to effectively manage and communicate a classroom schedule
- Easily understand needs of the preschool, assigned classroom and the children under your care
- Quickly garner the knowledge necessary to support preschool systems
- Must be a practicing Catholic
- Minimum High School education or equivalent
- Use of email and electronic calendaring systems
- 3 years of early childhood teaching experience preferred