Royal Palm Academy is a joyful, vibrant, independent and family-oriented Catholic PK-8 school located in beautiful Naples, Florida.
Royal Palm Academy has an opening for a full-time Library Media Specialist for the 2023-2024 school year. Our Library Media Specialist position is a permanent, salaried position. Royal Palm Academy offers competitive salary and benefits for candidates to join our highly qualified faculty and staff.
POSITION: Library Media Specialist
• An undergraduate degree (post-graduate degree preferred) in Elementary Education, Library Science, or an Education-related program.
• Passionate about teaching Pre-K to 8th grade students, and bring an energetic, joyful vibrancy to the library experience for our students.
• Must display an enthusiastic support of our school mission: "Royal Palm Academy partners with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. We teach the mind, educate the heart, and form the character of tomorrow's leaders."
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Empowers all students to become enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information.
• Collaborates and co-teaches with classroom educators to provide inquiry-based learning experiences consistent with Information Literacy Standards.
• Evaluates, introduces, and models emerging technologies for the learning community and uses technology tools to supplement school resources and curriculum.
• Builds and maintains the library's collection consistent with the school's mission and Catholic identity.
• Manages the budget, physical, and virtual spaces of the library.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER DEMANDS INCLUDE:
• Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks such as computer keyboarding, writing, and reading
• This position is required to closely monitor students in a variety of locations, inside and outside, including athletic fields and areas with noise and activity
• Required to maintain composure and to communicate appropriately in words and actions with students, parents, and fellow teachers
To apply, please submit a Resume/CV as an electronic document in Adobe PDF format to Michael Bussman, Head of School. A cover letter or email describing your interest in joining RPA is optional.
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM IN ANOTHER ROLE?
Royal Palm Academy is always looking for talented and motivated education professionals to join our team. Please see our Employment Opportunities on our website at www.RoyalPalmAcademy.org.
ABOUT ROYAL PALM ACADEMY
Royal Palm Academy is an independent, Catholic, pre-kindergarten to eighth grade school in Naples, Florida. Our mission is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. Royal Palm Academy teaches the mind, educates the heart, and forms the character of tomorrow's leaders. This mission is pursued through the development of the whole person, integral formation, which encompasses the commitment to teach, to educate, and to form our students.