Parish: Saint Peter the Apostle Naples
Supervisor: Business Manager
Position: Full Time 35 Hours per week salaried
The Parish Accountant is responsible for the financial and bookkeeping needs of the parish which is a large and very active Parish within the Diocese of Venice in Florida.
• Maintains accuracy of all financial files and records and establishes a responsible cash flow management system.
• Prepares, administers, and reviews budget process for Parish which is subject to review and/or approval by the Parish Finance Council, as required.
• Analyzes and make recommendations pertaining to all financial decisions and questions facing the Parish.
• Acts as liaison between the parish and the diocese in financial matters and collaborate with the pastor and business manager on human resources issues when necessary.
• Maximizes cash management resources.
• Coordinates and reviews parish organizations and ministry funds.
• Oversees bookkeeping services as A/R, A/P, GL, Collections, and Timekeeping etc.
• Oversees Maintenance, Ministries, IT, Communications and Hospitality as pertains to their fiscal duties and responsibilities.
• Maintains and builds strong relationships both internal and external.
• Reviews parish staff needs and makes appropriate recommendations.
• Provides professional support to parish staff.
• Oversees the management of the parish financial records.
• Coordinates parish liability and property insurance, worker's compensation with the Diocese general insurance program.
• Consults with and advises Pastor and Business Manager on financial matters that affect the parish.
• AA or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
• 3-5 year's experience in a similar position.
• In-depth knowledge of QuickBooks
• Experience with an automated payroll/timekeeping system.
• Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (word, power point, excel).
• Ability to manage indirect and direct reports through strong leadership skills
• Critical thinker, ability to provide analytical approach in fiscal matters
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Able to handle multi-task simultaneously and work independently.